Finally got our new comp trailer

moocow

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
After waiting about 6 months and selling our big smoker we finally got our new comp trailer. It is a 6x12 Haulmark with a ramp and side door. Check out our layout and give us some ideas and let me know what you think. Painted the floor last week and got the front storage shelves in tonight. Also started to install sidewall reinforcements for the ez track system. We do not have the money for a roof top a/c right now but are thinking about using one of those portable units and venting the 4" flex down through the floor.

Attachments

• IMGP2641.jpg
    IMGP2641.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 680
  • IMGP2642.jpg
    IMGP2642.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 679
  • IMGP2638.jpg
    IMGP2638.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 679
  • TVuZtG.jpg
    TVuZtG.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 670
Nice. Good looking layout. Put a rubber bumper on the top of the side doorway opening. Easy to knock your head on. I hit it about every ten times I go out. Also a step for that door will help. I noticed by the end of day 2 of a comp my knees started hurting. I made a wood step for now, but will upgrade to a pull out RV type step I can mount under the trailer. Keep posting pics as you go.

Unless you already have a portable a/c or can get a deal on one, a rooftop unit isn't much more. Also if you upgrade, you'll have a hole in the floor. I've got about $300 in my a/c. Check RV parts/repair places and craigslist.

Shane, won't that bunk be cozy with you and Vern? Remember those aren't pillows.

Nice job by the way.

For the record Vern is on the bottom!! We should only have to sleep in there a few times a year when the 5-wheel is not available.

Nice looking trailer! Is the circular saw for cutting the brisket or the ribs? :-D

When you are using the bunk will the table be out of the trailer? The biggest problem with our 6x12 is the width. With the bunk down you probably won't be able to squeeze between the bunk and the table.

looking good. i bought the same size trailer last year and have yet to make any mods to it yet...been looking for ideas...keep the pics coming as you make changes

Our new Petzford we built this summer! Its a backwoods clone with a stumps type gravity chute.

Attachments

• IMGP2051.jpg
    IMGP2051.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 582
  • IMGP2159.jpg
    IMGP2159.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 588
Lookin' Good!!!

You are making good use of the space available.

Keep us posted.

TIM

Do you mainly work out of the side or rear door? Not knowing what all one carries on a comp trailer, I may be dead wrong with my observations.

At first glance, you fridge placement makes it look like about half of the storage in front is going to be very difficult to access. And I would think a loaded fridge should ride more over the axle rather putting most of the weight on the tongue. I'd also try to get the fridge next to a door to allow some of the heat from the coils to escape, or see about some sort of vent or louver to help keep the heat out of the interior of the trailer.

Maybe a couple of heavy duty folding aluminum cots instead of the bunks. Bunks might create a lot of stress on the sidewall, even with reinforcements. Cots fold up and stash away, and you don't bang your knees on them.

Just an opinion,

Chris

*update*

Did a little more work on the trailer. Vern got us a refrigerator for free, so that was pretty cool. Got the walls and storage painted. I also got the e-track system up. She is about ready to go, all I have to do is the bunk bed, lights, and power. I needed a spare tire and had some old Lincoln towncar tires somebody gave a few years ago and they fit perfectly.

Attachments

• IMGP2654.jpg
    IMGP2654.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 467
  • IMGP2655.jpg
    IMGP2655.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 467
  • IMGP2652.jpg
    IMGP2652.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 468
  • IMGP2658.jpg
    IMGP2658.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 467
  • IMGP2653.jpg
    IMGP2653.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 469
I don't see where you have electricity running through that thing. How do you run your fridge??

I don't see where you have electricity running through that thing. How do you run your fridge??
Still need to run the power. I have a waterproof door under the trailer that an extension cord goes through. I just need to wire it into a bax and run some conduit.

That is looking really nice. How do you prevent the storage from flying around

update

I finally got it done. (except for the ac) Its all loaded up ready for tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• IMGP2680.jpg
    IMGP2680.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 327
  • IMGP2682.jpg
    IMGP2682.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 252
  • IMGP2684.jpg
    IMGP2684.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 253
Back