It's wrap time

s9Lx0Pyh.jpg

Check

SFhcEAXh.jpg

Pulled

uQmf404h.jpg

A pulled pork sammich my way starting with fresh baked roll in house from my neighborhood mom and pop store. Toasted on the PBC

YkuJEcPh.jpg

Mayo, savory slaw and home made pickled onions

Cecoa1Eh.jpg

pulled pork

PHMvowfh.jpg

Good bbq sauce (HC chipotle)

Um2zUvbh.jpg

Pickled jalapenos

b18vINUh.jpg

Ready :hungry:

4LLlGcih.jpg

Oh yeah!

HuqBaJDh.jpg

So good had to go for a second one

ELN7XYth.jpg

Looks great Sako!

Care to share your pickled red onion recipe? I love those. I have a recipe but always looking to try others..

Looks great Sako!

Care to share your pickled red onion recipe? I love those. I have a recipe but always looking to try others..

My first time making them Andrew and I used Derhusker's via Rick Bayless. Recipe called for sour oranges but I had plenty of limes and a few sour oranges so the acidity/lime flavor was a bit much. I should've used regular oranges in conjunction with limes as the recipe called for but I usually work with whatever I've got in the fridge. Or perhaps added some sugar but again this was my first go. Nowhere near bad but I went a little heavy with the limes which wasn't an issue since the BBQ sauce sweetness offset acidity of the limes. :thumb: Excellent recipe btw and the onions were really nice and crunchy.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228259

Dang, that pork looks great.

When I look at your pix compared to mine....lets just say it is like me watching a John Holmes movie. Envy!

That's the same recipe I use Sako. It's a good one!

Lol,nice! I'm always on the hunt as well Andrew. Once I nail down something that aligns with my tastes then I personalize it my way.

Here's another one from brother Jason (GQUE) that's on my list.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbC4vqUldFY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbC4vqUldFY[/ame]

Last edited:
Fantastic looking sandwich Sako!

Thanks brother Joe!! :thumb:

Dang, that pork looks great.

Thanks SDAR! I will admit that I like what you're doing with the PBC. Great start. :nod:

Nice butts Sako!

Thanks Bob! :mrgreen:

When I look at your pix compared to mine....lets just say it is like me watching a John Holmes movie. Envy!

Lloyd,

You had some nice looking butts on the PBC. Honestly. I just like to play with my food and that really is the only secret to it if it's even considered a secret to begin with. I just use my imagination and the rest just follows.

Darn missed it by two days, nice cook!!!

Damn Gordon,

I was looking to hook up this weekend and have some Yamazaki with you brother but I'm going to Scottsdale for Barrett-Jackson. I leave early Thursday AM and I plan to get back Sunday afternoon. When do you leave?

What are the odds two major events at the same time. :doh:

Lol,nice! I'm always on the hunt as well Andrew. Once I nail down something that aligns with my tastes then I personalize it my way.

Here's another one from brother Jason (GQUE) that's on my list.

I'm the same way with recipes. Follow to a T the first time then start tweaking to my tastes on the next go. That pickled onion recipe you (and I) use, I actually started using cider vinegar in it instead of regular vinegar. That's about all I tweaked but I like it a little better that way.

Thanks for the video recipe!

Edit: This is funny Sako. I watched that video and I've actually made that recipe as well. I found that video on YouTube about 6 months ago. It's really good too but Derhusker's goes better with Mexican style cooking in my opinion.

I'm the same way with recipes. Follow to a T the first time then start tweaking to my tastes on the next go. That pickled onion recipe you (and I) use, I actually started using cider vinegar in it instead of regular vinegar. That's about all I tweaked but I like it a little better that way.

Thanks for the video recipe!

Edit: This is funny Sako. I watched that video and I've actually made that recipe as well. I found that video on YouTube about 6 months ago. It's really good too but Derhusker's goes better with Mexican style cooking in my opinion.

Haha, too funny. GQue is on here and I started following his channel but you beat me to it. Great tip on the cider vinger because on the next run I was thinking of switching to red wine vinegar. Will let you know. Thanks for the tip.

Mmmmm....red wine vinegar! Yeah definitely let me know how that turns out. For some weird reason I love the taste of vinegar, especially the "flavored" stuff. I've been known to take shots of cider and red wine vinegar....:shocked:....lol.

Mmmmm....red wine vinegar! Yeah definitely let me know how that turns out. For some weird reason I love the taste of vinegar, especially the "flavored" stuff. I've been known to take shots of cider and red wine vinegar....:shocked:....lol.

Lmao, you just described me. My dad on the contrary hates vinegar. No idea how I have an insane taste for vinegar.

Please don't flame me

Guys, am over here in the UK and I haven't had the opportunity to try different kinds of smokers like quite a few of you guys do have, I love my PBC but I picked up on a comment from a post a while back saying the PBC was more akin to roasting meat than smoking meat (like the offset smokers etc) I would like to see for myself the flavour difference and was thinking that if I were to construct a plate which sat above the grate, giving an indirect heat source this would give a truer smoking experience, as long as I put some decent chunks of wood on my lit coals. What's your thoughts?
Apologies if this reads like waffle.

I don't think I would say the PBC is more like roasting, but there is a noticeable taste difference from cooking indirect and allowing the meat drippings to hit the coals. I've made a similar setup to what you are explaining and so has Ssv3. I'd say give it a try and see what you think. I bet you'll like both "flavors" but it'll just lead you to want your PBC and another indirect style cooker. You'll find this forum will end up costing you money....lol :becky:

Back