What to do with Zucchini

Chef Country

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So I went out to mom and dads farm today to tinker on my 4 wheeler and jeep when I ventured into their garden and found these. Their rule is you pick it you keep it as its only them and my adopted sister now. Thinking i may try some zucchini bread, girlfriend said she has made a cake out of it once. Just trying to see what you guys would do with the large ones. Don't mind the teeth marks, my German Short hair kept steeling them from me.
20160716_172343_zpsfveoqaba.jpg

Zucchini slaw. Goes great with pulled pork. Panko breaded deep fried is always good too.

never though of slaw, normally I will fry the smaller ones. Forgot I have a spiral cutter too could make some noodles out of them also.

Zuke bread,zuke cake,stuffed zuke boats cooked on the grill.zuke pickles.Infinity and beyond.More answers than Bubba had for Forrest about shrimp!

I like to slice 'em, sweat 'em for about an hour with K salt, grill (baste with bacon grease of course) and hit with seasoned salt of some kind - I used BPS jalapeno salt tonight & it was really good.

When I saw "what to do with zucchini" and your name I thought it was gonna be a WP post. :mod:

My lovely wife makes these chocolate zucchini muffins - good stuff!

preheat oven to 400

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
3 cups flour
3 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 oz grated chocolate (or melt and add with wet ingredients
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 nuts (these could probalby be left out - I would)
1 tsp instant espresso

3 eggs beaten
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup oil
2 1/2 cups grated zucchini

Mix the first 11 dry ingredients
mix remaining wet ingredients separately
add to dry ingredients
fill muffin cups about 1/2 full
bake for 15-30 minutes

Zucchini Walnut Cake Recipe

Ingredients

2 cups shredded zucchini
2 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
4 eggs
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
FROSTING:
1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon 2% milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners' sugar
Additional chopped walnuts, optional

Directions

In a large bowl, beat the zucchini, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into zucchini mixture until blended. Fold in walnuts if desired.
Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, milk and vanilla until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar and mix well. Frost cake. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20-24 servings.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211397

Feed it to the pig? no.

cast iron zucchini pie

joined a CSA & my first haul had some nice stuff in it:

CSA%20haul_zpsaip4efie.jpg

usually when I have zucchini I grill & it serve it as a side but thought why not a deep dish topping, it's been a while. Sliced one up & sauteed it with the dill that was also included along with some garlic, hot pepper flakes, salt & pepper:

004_zpscmboopdm.jpg

on to the prepped dough with mozzarella & into the egg at 400ish:

006_zps2zt9lrt8.jpg

a couple of these:

007_zpssc6oczya.jpg

and 25 minutes later & we had this:

009_zpscxjw4lll.jpg

out to cool:

010_zps8zrwcs6r.jpg

then really out onto the grid to cool:

012_zpsyhfbwbrh.jpg

perfect gasket:

014_zpsrdfaaxcc.jpg

dinner for one:

015_zpszf9b2ydp.jpg

hit the spot:

016_zpsrxjtw2qz.jpg

Have a great weekend one & all :biggrin1:

i love grilling them, cut lenthwise w/ EVOO, salt and pepper.

When we can't keep up w/ the plants, then we make

zucchini quiche (real men eat quiche)

-makes 1 9-10" pie
-set oven to 325

3C grated zucchini
4 eggs (slightly beaten)
1C Bisquick
1/2C veg. oil
1/2C grated cheese (Parmesan)
1/2C chopped onion
2tsp. parsley
salt/pepper to taste

mix all ingredients
bake in greased pie pan @ 325 for 30-40 mins. until top has a brown edge

Stuffed zucchini

Cut in half long ways, scrape out the seeds, oil salt pepper and throw on the grill to cook until a little tender but not overcooked. Cook ground sausage in a pan until Brown, add some onion and garlic to soften. Add spinach until wilted. Stir in some bread crumbs and cheese. Put stuffing in to zucchini, heaping but not overflowing. Put on grill until stuffing is hot and a little Browned. Enjoy! Feel free to edit any part of this to whatever you like. My family doesn't do spicy but it would be great with spicy sausage and jalapenos.

The pie looks great!!!

All the other ideas are good ones too!!!

I've been slicing longways , coring the seed pack & loading w/ rice, etc. for years ~~>

clodribszukes044.jpg

clodribszukes043.jpg

This was orzo instead of rice (either might be best par-cooked), with sunflower nuts & sweet bell pepper bits.....just clear the seeds, stab the inside all over w/ a fork (helps it cook a bit faster & more evenly & takes on any flavoring you add better)

Zukes7-15-14006-1.jpg

Zukes7-15-14009-1.jpg

Zukes7-15-14021.jpg

Viking boats, handles to move 'em around.....usually open up near the end & add just a little smoke....

Zukes7-15-14024-1.jpg

W/ nasturtium peppery flowers & vanilla basmati rice.....

Grilling8-13-2014078.jpg

Another vote for grilling or Zuc Nut Bread/Muffins.
I also cut them up and put in toaster oven along with onions, peppers, squash,sliced tomatoes. 35 min on Pizza setting. Toss them in EVOO and season with MRS Dash.

Back