THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mchar69

Quintessential Chatty Farker
kRUDHGZl.jpg

kXj1j01l.jpg

D7VV8wil.jpg

I hollowed out the zucchini and layed in tomatoe, fresh basil, mozzeralla, parm, S+P, some bread crumbs.
Needed more salt and kick, but a worthwhile attempt.

I've avoided zucchini due to blandness, grew them like weeds as a kid,
but I may find my groove soon. You can bake them or grill like I did, much like a stuffed pepper, with meat , rice, spices, tomato sauce, etc.

The onions were killer, my wife lathered Tsaziki over her rice, that's turmeric giving it yellow color.

Last edited:
Looks awesome, can you elaborate on what the name entails?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I'm sure you can find Souvlaki, but the boats were hollowed out zucchini shells, filled with basically plain pizza topping - tomato, fresh basil, oregano, mozzeralla, and parm and bread crumbs. It needed more kick, like more salt and red pepper flakes.

The onion and chicken marinated together - EVOO, S+P, lots of minced garlic, lemon juice, white wine, some vinegar, lots of oregano.
I soaked the small skewers in waterfor about 3 hours - and they almost burnt anyway.

Love it! I can taste those grilled onions with lightly charred edges. :hungry:

I can taste those grilled onions with lightly charred edges. :hungry: __________________
You are a man after my own heart - Thanks. I love onions and garlic.

And onions...

I skewered them separate today, thinking the onions would take longer. WRONG.
The meat ended up taking about the same time.
I usually space the meat with onions, will go back to that.
About 10 minutes on a sizzling hot grill, more if the temp is lower.
Ideal could be start low and then bump it up.

That is a great meal! Chicken souvlaki is wonderful, and throw in tzatziki sauce...oh yeh! Grilled, stuffed zuchini is my favorite way to make zucchini to change up slicing and grilling them with S&P. Nice job!

That is a great meal! Chicken souvlaki is wonderful, and throw in tzatziki sauce...oh yeh! Grilled, stuffed zuchini is my favorite way to make zucchini to change up slicing and grilling them with S&P. Nice job!

I 2nd this

One recipe that I make from time to time is a stuffed zucchini meat loaf. Scoop out the center, but use that as a binder in your meat mixture and cut back on the bread crumbs. Parboil the zucchini boats. Use Italian seasoning, add some mozz to the filling, and use pasta sauce instead of ketchup on top. Just before done, top it with parm and brown it. I think you will like it.

Back