Contest Announcment Whisky Brisket #1 Rhode Island KCBS

Meat@Slim's

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
You asked for it here it is:

The Whisky Brisket Challenge at Rhode Island KCBS contest July 20 and 21.

Please put up a small batch/bottle of whisky (any subcategory: bourbon, scotch, irish etc.).

The winner will be the highest brisket finisher of those who participate in the Whisky Brisket Challenge.

Post your whisky entry to this thread to be entered.

WTF! Apparently I do not know how to spell whiskey. :oops:

You are Scottish so it is ok.

American and Irish liquor producers (and copy editors) tend to favor the spelling WHISKEY, while Canadian, Scottish, and Japanese producers (and copy editors) tend to favor (or should I say, favour) WHISKY.

Countries that have E’s in their names (UnitEd StatEs and IrEland) tend to spell it whiskEy (plural whiskeys)
Countries without E’s in their names (Canada, Scotland, and Japan) spell it whisky (plural whiskies)

http://www.thekitchn.com/whiskey-vs-whisky-whats-the-di-100476

Tuthill Spirits 2009 Grand Champion " Hudson Baby Bourbon Whiskey" won as GC at Hudson Valley Ribfest in 2009. Yep that's how confident I am that it will be returning home with me Sunday night.

Tuthill Spirits 2009 Grand Champion " Hudson Baby Bourbon Whiskey" won as GC at Hudson Valley Ribfest in 2009. Yep that's how confident I am that it will be returning home with me Sunday night.

That is a hell of a wager Mr. Bobo. Clearly a reaffirmation that you are, indeed, a gentleman.

Whisky=Scottish preferred single malt from Islay. I may be prejudiced because that is where my mom is from..

We will enter - Russell's Reserve - 10YR -
Good luck to all that enter!

Attachments

• RRyr10.jpg
    RRyr10.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Thinking of this one...have not tried it but have been told it is interesting...certainly different.

Kings County Distillery Chocolate Flavored Whiskey (200ml)

Located in the Paymaster Building in the Brooklyn Navy Yard, Kings County Distillery is New York City's first licensed whiskey distillery since Prohibition. This unique, limited production chocolate flavored whiskey is created by infusing Kings County Distillery Moonshine with the leftover cocoa husks from Mast Brothers Chocolate, a Brooklyn-based craft chocolate company. The result is a unique, full-flavored spirit offering rich, bittersweet notes of dark chocolate backed by the distinctive corn and cereal notes of the moonshine.

Product of New York
Alcohol by Volume: 40%

Well, it's the RI contest, so it's RI whiskey! Sons of Liberty doesn't use just malt liquor to start their whiskey, they use beer. This whiskey starts as an Cottrell IPA, and they dry hop it after aging.

What's next? Vodka chicken? Rum Ribs? :becky:

Attachments

• IMG_8611.JPG
    IMG_8611.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Back