Christmas cook w/pron

indianagriller

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So this year instead of buying gifts for family I decided to cook for them since I am always get upset when there are no leftovers at family functions. I have 4 butts and a brisket which ends up being about 45lbs of meat on the Jambo today.

For the butts I bought 2 twin cryo packs from Sams that were a little over 15lbs a piece, and seasoned them up with my Sweet and Spicy rub I just picked up from my co-packer.
IMAG0157_zpsfacd775c-1_zps2d432c85.jpg

For the brisket I didnt do any trimming on it, just rubbed down with a tri-level rub finishing with the in development Big Bully Beef rub

IMAG0161_zps37efdb3c.jpg

Kinda blurry on that pic... also not sure how to make them a bit smaller... using photobucket to upload.

After about 4-5 hours, i wasnt really paying attention I went out to foil them and they had some nice color on them.
IMAG0167_zpsf18f9035.jpg

Even got a picture of some pig honey
IMAG0168_zpsaf5ce081.jpg

Got everything foiled up and now im just waiting on them to give up and be tender which should only be 2-3 more hours... in the mean time I have some nice Rib eyes which are going to get a bit of Little Louies Garlic salt with pepper and I am planning on doing a reverse sear with the searing part right in the Jambo's firebox...
IMAG0165_zpsdb6e8c0c.jpg

more to come...

Adding final pics...
IMAG0178_zps02699225.jpg

pulled pork was bagged into 6 individual bags to give as gifts...

Brisket
IMAG0179_zps7abce799.jpg

had killer bark and flavor... may have been a tad overdone for a comp... but it was delicious... bagged into 4 bags for gifts

In the mean time I had done a reverse sear on some ribeyes and finished them off directly on the coals in the firebox... put a nice crust on them.
IMAG0175_zps5510c705.jpg

Really like that idea of receiving a bag of pulled pork as a present!

Back