Flea Market Score

el_matt

Babbling Farker
Just got a great score, and had to share with my Brethren and Sistren.

My buddy had a day off from school, and asked if I wanted to join him at the local flea market. He gets to my house, and we head over. We're not there 5 minutes, when I see a 22.5 OTS(date code H, 1986). The guy wants $10, I don't bat an eye as I dive into my wallet. I then head home and get my truck and return to get it.

We finally get back to the flea market, and do some more browsing. As we're leaving, I look over, at the same place I got the OTS, and I spy a Weber rotisserie ring. Not too interested in the ring, but I ask the guy anyway...$10. I contemplate it a bit and decide I'll kick myself later if I don't get it. Get it home and start looking at, and it's BRAND NEW!!! Never been used! I had to look it up, and Weber sells it for $149.99.

For those not wanting to read my entire post, I got a 1986 22.5" OTS, and a new rotisserie ring and motor for $20. HAppy New Year to me!!

Matt

Way to (rotisserie) ring in the New Year! Congrats, you'll love it! I got mine new in box on CL for $10, probably the best $10 BBQ money I ever spent!

I go to the local flea market regulary, looking for BBQ stuff. Rarely do I find anything worthwhile. Today was a rare exception. I wouldn't have even gone, if my buddy Carl hadn't text me. I'm so stoked about my score today!

Matt

Great Score! You'll love the ring.

gollumring.jpg

Back