THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

el_matt

Babbling Farker
Just got a great score, and had to share with my Brethren and Sistren.

My buddy had a day off from school, and asked if I wanted to join him at the local flea market. He gets to my house, and we head over. We're not there 5 minutes, when I see a 22.5 OTS(date code H, 1986). The guy wants $10, I don't bat an eye as I dive into my wallet. I then head home and get my truck and return to get it.

We finally get back to the flea market, and do some more browsing. As we're leaving, I look over, at the same place I got the OTS, and I spy a Weber rotisserie ring. Not too interested in the ring, but I ask the guy anyway...$10. I contemplate it a bit and decide I'll kick myself later if I don't get it. Get it home and start looking at, and it's BRAND NEW!!! Never been used! I had to look it up, and Weber sells it for $149.99.

For those not wanting to read my entire post, I got a 1986 22.5" OTS, and a new rotisserie ring and motor for $20. HAppy New Year to me!!

Matt

Way to (rotisserie) ring in the New Year! Congrats, you'll love it! I got mine new in box on CL for $10, probably the best $10 BBQ money I ever spent!

I go to the local flea market regulary, looking for BBQ stuff. Rarely do I find anything worthwhile. Today was a rare exception. I wouldn't have even gone, if my buddy Carl hadn't text me. I'm so stoked about my score today!

Matt

Great Score! You'll love the ring.

gollumring.jpg

Back