coming soon 2nd location of Willie B's TX
a small fee and its yours

you already had your way with me, and now you want my money?:eek:

BrooklynQ said:
Ah, That's called a refund Jorge.

You have it backwards. He was OK, but not extraordinary:icon_shy

Stopped in to Willie B's tonight.
The food is great.
The minute I got to the front counter with a 6 pack of Lone Star Long Necks, (minus a couple or three due to UT-OU weekend coming up), I was immediately identified by the counter folks as 'gotta be one of the Brethren'.
After officially introducing myself, I was announced to the kitchen and of course the next thing I know, there is the famous proprietor himself, bellowing, "who's here to pay homage?" and what a true, warm welcome I received.
The food is great.
Got a chance for what we call in Texas, the 'cooks tour' around the establishment and of course the place is bustling busy to boot and I got to see first hand what a great job he and his very efficient staff do and get done.
Did I mention how great the BBQ is?
We talked a bit about stuff in general, had a couple of cold ones and if you haven't been by yet, be sure and do so.
Ordered the pulled pork and chicken sandwiches to bring home and the sausage is outstanding as well. It doesn't get much better that this on Long Island.
Or anywhere in the tri-state area as far as I can tell.
Great bbq by the way.
Hint; do the bourbon rub whenever you can.
Regards to my new friend and brethren Willie B.

Yesterday at around 11:30am I was sitting at my desk and I was craving a pulled pork sammich. I hopped into the car and drove over to Willie's and ordered the pulled pork sammich with beans and mashed potato sides. I was starving. That sammich was huge. Ate the whole darn thing with no sauce. I was stuffed. Wasn't hungry till 10pm.

I was back there Thrusday night to pick up some dinner, and Will told me it was "Guest Rub Night!"

If you wanted, he would let you rub his meat!

timzcardz said:
I was back there Thrusday night to pick up some dinner, and Will told me it was "Guest Rub Night!"

If you wanted, he would let you rub his meat!

So you're saying you rubbed Will's meat?:eek:

Anywhoooooo, thinking about swinging by to see the place again today. Haven't been since pre-opening.

Wine & Swine and I swung by with the kids today for a couple beers and a ton of food. Still working on some wings now after a brisket sandwich and half a pulled pork sandwich.

Best part, though, was Uncle Smoker stopping by to see the young uns (and pick up a sandwich, but mainly just a visit with the kids):mrgreen: :mrgreen: .

Anyway, always good to catch up with a few brethren on a lazy sunday.

I think we need to have some kind of Man Law that says if your gonna go down and hang at Willie's, you don't bring kids with you.

That just aint right.

Smoker said:
I think we need to have some kind of Man Law that says if your gonna go down and hang at Willie's, you don't bring kids with you.

That just aint right.

Why?

With Willie's Bourbon Rub and enough time in the smoker they might be very tasty!

Smoker said:

That just aint right.

Hee, hee! Need to get me one of those cat carrying cages I guess. Pulled pork sandwich was as good as you promised, by the way.

Guy and I have been to Willie's a few times now and while his Q is top notch I have to say that his Cole Slaw is out of this world. I have tried many recipes and have not gotten close to that. If you haven't tried it give it a try. You won't be disapointed.

BTW...Willie...Can you PM me the recipe?:wink:

Got hungry
Got in the car
Drove to Willie B's
Bought the pulled pork sandwich, fries and beans.
Bought some rub.
Bought a diet coke.
Said hello to Bob and the rest of the staff
Had an interesting talk with the cashier about the Poohbah :twisted: :shock: :icon_shy
Ate the sandwich, fries and beans.
Read the label on the bottle of rub.
Drank the diet coke.
Drove home.

Willie B is off on Tuesday.

BrooklynQ said:
Willie B is off on Tuesday.

I hope Willie is enjoying a day off, because he won't be a Happy Camper tomorrow morning!

Thursday night Will was complaining that he can't take a day off because when he does, he comes in the morming to find the place "a mess". He is rather particular about everything being clean.

For reasons that I won't go into, I can certainly understand his feelings.

Might have to stop by there tomorrow night to hear a good rant!

i will be ranting all day today if anyone is in the area. also have beer
and yesterday i only had off a 1/2 day. got to the store at 9am went shopping came back went on a delivery then picked up Molly (my little girl) went back to the store went on another delivery finally left the store at 1.30. spent a few hours with Molly then went back to the store at 5:30 to help with the dinner rush. left store at 9pm went home.

Hey Rob, I just missed you. I got there around 8:45 for ANOTHER sammich. How many times you gonna pass my house without calling??????? I shower every day now.

Back