First Fatties w/pron I hope...

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Jimmy Dean was the sausage. For one of the fatties I used 2 1lb. chub of Sage (the wife don't like it too hot). :eek: For the other two I used 1 @ 1lb. chub of Hot & Regular. For the one for the wife I used Pepper Jack, Vidalia onions, green and yellow chili peppers. For the hotter ones I used The same cheese, onions and Green Chili Peppers, plus some Jalepenos!

I flattened the chubs out between sheets of waxed paper, then dressed one of them with the condiments. Then placed the other flattened chub on top and rolled it up. I thought this would create wider distribution of the fillers. It did not work out quite the way I had hoped. Next time I will dress both flattened chubs, and use more cheese.

Anyway, into the smoker at 225-250 for about 3 hours. I used a combination of Apple, Hickory and a big Cherry for flavoring. The kids thought they were great and want to start a family comp. team. The wife and I can barely move...:icon_cool

Attachments

• 8-31-08 013.jpg
    8-31-08 013.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 8-31-08 016.jpg
    8-31-08 016.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 8-31-08 018.jpg
    8-31-08 018.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 8-31-08 019.jpg
    8-31-08 019.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 137
looks fantastic.

I have one in the fridge set to go on tomorrow. You got me psyched!

Those look great! I like the fillings.

I picked up a couple of Tennesee prides yesterday. Gotta try it.

Very nice.

The first 4 fatties I have made has not looked like that. I have to try againe.

yet another with fatty addiction......when will the insanity end?!?!

yet another with fatty addiction......when will the insanity end?!?!

This is one addiction that should never end! Of course my cardiologist may disagree - but as Willie stated: "There's more old drunks than there are old doctors.............." you know the rest :rolleyes:.
Good lookin' eats, Bo. Just remember - if its cooked on a smoker by a fat guy, there ain't no carbs or calories :biggrin:.

Outstanding. I know what I'll be cooking Saturday evening after the comp.

Back