FFC - My take on KFC (pr0n)

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Staff member
Reaction score
So I saw all these threads about KFC, Kettle Fried Chicken that looked awesome. Wel,, I don't have a kettle, so I figured my FEC was the next best thing.

FEC Fried Chicken. Made a couple different varieties, Used Gore's method and made up some batter using Andy's Seasoning Hot n Spicy chicken breading. Made thighs coated in batter, boneless skinless breasts cut in half coated in batter then dusted with additional breading and finally some wings, just coated with breading ala N8man Shake, Shake, Shake method. Then into the FEC at 375.

20140731_194148_Android-1.jpg~original

About half way through I coated them with some melted butter.

20140731_203725_Android-1.jpg~original

Mmmmm..... Preferred the battered ones. I'll be making these again!!!

Thigh

IMG_20140731_205003.jpg~original

Breast

IMG_20140731_205008.jpg~original

Last edited:
More info on Gore's batter? Wait, not that batter....his chicken batter! :becky:

DAMMIT!! It's too early for this poo!
I know, I know...it was a serious question that just had no way of sounding "right". I got a filthy mind, so it went there without my consent :wink:

I know, I know...it was a serious question that just had no way of sounding "right". I got a filthy mind, so it went there without my consent :wink:

Peeps if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be able to keep my extremely daft comments in check. So thank you sir for keeping me from looking more of the horrid fiend that I am.:thumb:

i'm sure Peeps didn't mean KFG (Kettle Fry Gore).... although one never knows :)
Yet, i hear Al Gore invented that batter...

So... Back on topic... :-D

The FFC looks great, LYU! You should make a bunch of that and bring it to the Brethren Gathering in Lemont on the 10th (info in my signature) :becky:

The FFC looks great, LYU! You should make a bunch of that and bring it to the Brethren Gathering in Lemont on the 10th (info in my signature) :becky:
Party pooper!

Thanks for the links to Gore's chicken batter recipe. I will see about trying that one soon!

Wish I could, already have plans unfortunately. But thanks for the invite, sounds like it will be a blast.

Wish I could, already have plans unfortunately. But thanks for the invite, sounds like it will be a blast.

Maybe next time!

Can you still send some chicken? :becky:

i'm sure Peeps didn't mean KFG (Kettle Fry Gore).... although one never knows :)
Yet, i hear Al Gore invented that batter...

Al invented Chuck Norris.... that said, Al is the pinnacle of badassery.

Last edited:
Back