"News Flash" Boone County Fair, Columbia, Mo. 2008

lazyjacres

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Well I just had a news flash. We have a new contest coordinator for the 2008 Boone County Fair.
Mike has handed the reins to none other than our Aimee......... She will be coordinating the whole thing, including inviting "100% Certified Judges" if possible.
I know there has been a lot of discussion about this coming year, so this should ease a lot tensions that some of us have been having about competing this coming year.
I know that it is now on my schedule............... :wink:

We were going to pass that contest up because of the Judging issues, but now!!!! It's ON!!! Best news I've heard all day!! Thanks Jamie!!!

Sweet. Might be back on the calendar for next year.

that makes it even better when i have to come any way because of the fine trophey

next year is an new year :icon_clown:icon_clown:mrgreen::mrgreen:

york

I mint have to take a look at this one if Aimee is doing it, not that I don't want to see you guy's agian but she is much better to look at.LOL

I mint have to take a look at this one if Aimee is doing it, not that I don't want to see you guy's agian but she is much better to look at.LOL

Holy cow Scott lets just be straight forward!!! just do the contest already.

I will be there on unless it falls on the last weekend of July. I will Be in Kenai, Alaska on my annual fishing trip.

It is. Have a good fishing trip!!

One less bell to answer---One less egg to fry!!

Spice

Carolyn Wells is normally the head rep, and whomever she can get to help her. Mike is still going to be there, but he will be working as part of the fair board. Aimee will have total control.

Thanks so much everyone! I am humbled and flattered....just wanted to let everyone know that I am meeting with Frank Boster the guy who did the trophies for the BIA contest to discuss the Grand Champion Trophy at Boone County Fair. He did a great job on the trophies for our competition at Bass Pro I would like to use his creativity and quality for the Boone County competition also. Thanks again for all of the great comments you all are the best of the best!

Thanks so much everyone! I am humbled and flattered....just wanted to let everyone know that I am meeting with Frank Boster the guy who did the trophies for the BIA contest to discuss the Grand Champion Trophy at Boone County Fair. He did a great job on the trophies for our competition at Bass Pro I would like to use his creativity and quality for the Boone County competition also. Thanks again for all of the great comments you all are the best of the best!

So are you looking at changing the payout and ribbon placings? Last year it was a ribbon 10th -2nd, trophy for 1st, and money for each top 10 placing, plus a trophy and money for GC, RGC, and best BBQer in Boone county.

So are you looking at changing the payout and ribbon placings? Last year it was a ribbon 10th -2nd, trophy for 1st, and money for each top 10 placing, plus a trophy and money for GC, RGC, and best BBQer in Boone county.

No, I just wanted to talk to Frank about doing GC trophy. From what I have heard, there was only one complaint about that contest which was the judging. It is my opinion to keep everything the same except the judging. Why fix something that isn't broken? I will do all I can to insure 100% CBJ's, everything else will remain the same. Thanks for asking. If there are any more questions I welcome the opportunity to discuss this contest with anyone. It is important to keep the communication open, if there are any suggestions that I can take into consideration I will do so. Thank you again.

No, I just wanted to talk to Frank about doing GC trophy. From what I have heard, there was only one complaint about that contest which was the judging. It is my opinion to keep everything the same except the judging. Why fix something that isn't broken? I will do all I can to insure 100% CBJ's, everything else will remain the same. Thanks for asking. If there are any more questions I welcome the opportunity to discuss this contest with anyone. It is important to keep the communication open, if there are any suggestions that I can take into consideration I will do so. Thank you again.
Only thing I can think of is a possibility of some sort of sponsorship to help get the prize fund up....I know of a few teams that part of the reason they wouldn't cook was a lack of good return.......

Back