Whats your favorite rub you buy/dont make

Trumpstylz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
If I were to buy a rub, is there a favorite/best place to go? Any specific winners?

Which specific ones from each maker? I hear a lot about simply marvelous cherry, but thats it. There's not a place where i can get all of them, is there?

I like the Grill Mates® Applewood Rub, it tastes great in ribs.

Simply Marvelous Sweet Seduction on ribs. Once I started buying Simply Marvelous rubs I had no need to look elsewhere for rubs. I also use their Season All, Cherry rub, and Apple rub.

Which specific ones from each maker? I hear a lot about simply marvelous cherry, but thats it. There's not a place where i can get all of them, is there?

Great Lakes BBQ Supply carries a wide variety of runs from the Brethren as well. Since they are in Michigan you may be able to save on shipping.

I've heard rave reviews about all the "simply marvelous" rubs, but, it looks costly. I buy "buttrub" at my local grocer for $9.99 for 26 ounces. The simply marvelous is $12 for 12 ounces - ouch. Yes, the deal gets better when you buy 5lbs. at a time. I'd certainly like to taste it, but it's just a little out of my price range. I've fed several groups of people with this buttrub.... and they continuously ask "When are you firing up your smoker again? I want some more!"
www.buttrub.com

Last edited:
Go to Brethren Forums, go to Brethren Sales. There are quite a few companies and rubs. Most mentioned here already. Great place to look.

Back