Kingsford charcoal twinpacks 2/20lbbags $8.37

S

scottyd

Walmart has twin pack kingsford charcoal for $8.37 in Mitchell South Dakota.

Score! Good deal! Even if it is sure fire.

Yes it is sure fire. I bought 2 pallets anyway. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Bigmista said:
Score! Good deal! Even if it is sure fire.

What's the verdict on the Sure Fire charcoal? I haven't had to buy it yet (still a 2 pack of the 'old' stuff from Costco), but I'm getting down to the end of my last bag and will need to get some charcoal soon. I've seen about 1/2 and 1/2 in other threads with like/hate. What's the skinny on this stuff? Stick with the K or should I look for another heat source? Incidentallly, I use about 80% wood - especially in the summer when the temps are easier to keep up.

Thanks!

Jason

If you really want to save money try using real wood. I can go to Academy and buy a bag for $10. I use the charcoal to start the firebed then go to wood. I used to go through 3 bags of charcoal to do an all day cook and now I only use about 1/4 bag of wood. That's only about $2.50 in fuel for an all day cook. The results of the meat are a lot better too using wood then charcoal.
The last time I used my webber grill I did two chickens. I used half a starter full of charcoal as a firebed and only 1 pecan and 1 hickory log for the 2 1/2hours it took to cook. It's worth looking into using real wood.

Back