BBQ Brethren "Sausage" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[SIZE=+2]"Sausage"[/SIZE]
sausage.jpg

Photo from wubbahed.com

...as chosen by thirdeye, the winner of the Casserole Throwdown!

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 9/25 - 10/4 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on the night of 10/4. - edited 9/29 - Ron_L
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin by Monday 10/5 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Friday 10/9. All votes will be public.

The next category will be decided by the winner of the Wild Game throwdown, Grillinski!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool Chris. Missed these throwdowns. Never won but sure is fun to see the great creations.

Whoa..... I must have ESPN. :mrgreen:

Not only was I thinking how cool it would be for the Throwdowns to come back, but I cooked some fatties yesterday. So if all else fails I have an entry in the wings.

In case anybody who is new to the Throwdowns would like to know what the certificate looks like, here is a shrunken (and grittier) version of the one awarded to thirdeye for his winning Casserole entry.
Certificate.jpg

OOh! We hav a Chub in the fridge!

It's on!

Dang. just did two fatties for a sausage entry at a contest today.

Italian Sausage stuffed mushrooms.
veg020.jpg

veg021.jpg

If nobodys told you yet your Do'n one hell of a bangup job on the Throwdown.....keep it up..

This just doesn't sound right....

You know you want to toss your sausage into this one.:lol:

3960730388_dde2f4f0e7_b.jpg

I'm in. An Earl Campbell Hot Link with some chipotle kraut and a little mustard. Cold beer too!

Glad the Throwdowns are back. I have never entered but love looking at the creations posted

These were made for the Smokeout 2009 party at a small bar here in Cincy. Sorry about pic didnt have time for Good shots 10 fatties getting cut up at same time as 160 moink balls comming off and 60 pcs of chicken and 10 butts along with my beans and coleslaw to set up kinda of busy Dang no moink ball shots.

Last edited:
GEDC0596.jpg

I cooked these Saturday night. Not really a great pic. Sorry but it was the best of the bunch. It was the middle of the night and I was tipsy.

On the left, bulk Italian sausage stuffed with mozzarella and pepperoni. Middle is Jimmy dean rolled right out of the wrapper and rubbed with rib seasonings. The one on the right is bulk sausage from the local butcher with chopped red and green peppers mixed in. Top right is a Spam.

Is that an Asian Chili sauce mixed in with your kraut?
It's some chipotle flakes I made a while back. Just tossed some in and let the vinegar to the rest. Had some a while ago and the flavor is even more blended together. Good stuff.

Check out Bob with those mad skills with the camera.....nice job.
Thanks Bro. Every now and then I get lucky and hold the camera perfectly still. :lol:

I wish I had a better picture, but it is what it is...

P1040696.JPG

Blueberry Pancake Fatty (AKA Blanket in a Pig)

I wish I had a better picture, but it is what it is...

P1040696.JPG

Blueberry Pancake Fatty (AKA Blanket in a Pig)

holy heart stopping goodness!!! that looks amazing. how do you roll it without the pancake batter getting everywhere?

Back