Deep Freeze & Pork Butt Roast question??

stiffy

Full Fledged Farker
Just got a 10+ c.f. Roper deep freeze for a Ben Franklin. Temps in deep freeze was 5* F. What is the temps suggested for a deep freeze?

and my next question, bought 4 PBRoasts' and was wondering what you guys and gals think I oughta do with them on the drum for a potluck at church on Sunday?

Don't worry you will see barely legal hardcore prono when I fire the drum up!

Last edited:
A freezer, any freezer operates at peak efficiency somewhere between 0 and +5 according to the info I was given when I had to record timed accounts of freezer temps at a cold storage warehouse where I used to work. That included the ice cream section...

I hope you did 2 things before you started it up: Checked to see that the drain hole wasn't plugged, and gave some thought to defrosting it in a couple of years.

0 to -5 is where you should be on a freezer. It will run at maximum efficiency if it is fairly full. Start filling milk jugs about 3/4 full of water and place them in the freezer. (if you put salt in the water, they'll get colder than 32 degrees and may not freeze solid) When you stock up on a deal, take out jugs and put them nearby. As you remove food, put jugs back in. They'll help new additions cool faster, and help keep temps low in the event of a power failure.

Chris

Checked it this morning was -7*F, turned to 4, was on 5 the highest setting, and came home at lunch it was -0.2*F. I will look when I get home about the drain plug. And thanks for the ideas about the jugs will start doing that now. Pics will come when I get home. Are there any concerns I should have about keeping it inside in my spare bedroom? Noone has any ideas about the Boneless Pork Butt Roasts? When I told my wife she immediately thought pulled pork was what it would be, but I was wondering if the brethren had a suggestion for something different to try.

Pulled pork would be my choice. Different rubs and different sauces for variety. Personally, I like pork with a heavy bark, then just pulled into serving sized pieces.

Chris

Pics

100_1758.jpg

100_1759.jpg

thats not to full lol mine has two heads in it with one hole hog and 40 lbs of sausage and 4 butts and lots of chicken lol and still is not full yet lol
nice unit there

My wife and I bought a single calf this past summer and will get a half of beef, so will be needing the space.

Back