Cornbread & Wild Rice stuffed Pork Tenderloin

93vpmod

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I started out with some cornbread and a bowl of wild rice from yesterday and decided to use it in a stuffing for my pork loin. My wife actually bought a twin pack of tenderloins which made this a bit challenging, emphasis on my ability to slice, stuff and truss the two tenderloins together.

Started with the cornbread...

I used the some of my garlic and basil from the CSA along with a bit of fresh thyme. Then piled as much of the stuffing I could reasonably handle.

I started tying with two separate strings from the middle, then tied them together. I was actually impressed with how it looked before hitting the kettle. Sprinkled a bit of salt, pepper and some Cattleman's 8 second ride.

I put it indirect on the Performer for about 90 minutes at 400* dome temp. Pulled when the center was 145* The ends were a bit more done, the way the wife likes it...

Sliced and nearly ready to eat.

A final better picture. The only way this could have been better was if I had some rosemary or sage instead of the basil and thyme for a more traditional flavor. This did not suck!

Looks delicious! I love cornbread and pork, nice combo!

With stitch work like that you should have been a surgeon. ;D. Looks delicious!

that looks great. I never thought of stuffing with cornbread, I usually just have it as a side dish.

Looks like a Holiday feast. Excellent!!

Looks very nice! what wood did you use for smoke?

Back