"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Grilled up the Walkerswood chops tonight. Gotta admit, I'm disappointed.
Plenty of heat, but the only flavor I got from it was Worcestershire sauce.
Nothing like my home made or what I've had in Jamaica.

Still ate the chop though.

I bought 2 club steaks yesterday (T-bone without the fillet) and asked for a good 2.5-3 cm thick.
Looks pretty good and the 2 steaks together weigh a kg!

Sooo, think I will just put them on the braai. Maybe just pepper and salt, or maybe a slight marinade....
If anything, my dogs will be happy :)

My daughter is down from college and wants ribs. Might fo them on the PBC or the newly acquired at a deep discount Weber Preformer. If it's raining the PBC will get the call. I have a set of the PBC skewers as well. Sumthing is going on that.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Going to my great nephew's ninth birthday party this afternoon where the menu is Tex Mex. His dad got some brisket from me Thursday to make chili with so guess I'm sort of participating in this weekend thread.

Maybe will do something for football tomorrow. Wings sound good.

"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Had no plans to smoke, but Brookshire’s had pork butts for $0.99/pound. So that and a couple chickens will be pit barreled shortly.

cdfca6cd8174573159a5f9b7bc242e92.jpg

9c104888c5eb83e09fc0663041758e4e.jpg

Last edited:
Gonna light up the brand new Home Depot Weber Performer kettle, deploy the Weber briquettes and the shiny new Vortex captaining my first ever use of a charcoal effort with wings. I've watched no less than 15 videos on the vortex, read many many posts here. I'm going to do wings on the GMG DB as well. Two machines. Simultaneously. Same spices (2 kinds Kosmos Q parm/garlic and another batch with Oakridge Chilli Lime). The winning machine gets re-deployed tomorrow when the boys show up for the games. I suspect it will be the Weber

Now I have to figure out how to light the damn thing. (embarrasing...:oops:)

I've got a tri-tip resting in the refrigerator after a rub with Oakridge's SPOGOS. I'll put it on the MAK this afternoon. This will be the first tri-tip I've ever cooked. Fingers crossed.

Good Luck, Dave. I've cooked many many tri-tips on gas, pellets poopers, Beefer, and Santa Maria. Very forgiving. My favorite IT is 120 then sear it. Final temp is usually 130 with a Snake River Farms meat (super super marbeled Wagyu). Costco Prime I go a little cooler as its less marbeled and forgiving than the SRF. How are you going to handle the crust?

I'm lighting my first kettle (sigh..:oops:) this afternoon

Gonna light up the brand new Home Depot Weber Performer kettle, deploy the Weber briquettes and the shiny new Vortex captaining my first ever use of a charcoal effort with wings. I've watched no less than 15 videos on the vortex, read many many posts here. I'm going to do wings on the GMG DB as well. Two machines. Simultaneously. Same spices (2 kinds Kosmos Q parm/garlic and another batch with Oakridge Chilli Lime). The winning machine gets re-deployed tomorrow when the boys show up for the games. I suspect it will be the Weber

Do you have a propane torch? Light a few briquets, then pile more on top.

Well?? Pics and which pit gets the call tomorrow?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Back