It was only the LSBS Nationals

SmokyOkie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The weekend of the Jack Daniels, there was another national championship. It was the Lone Star Barbecue Society National Championship. It was a 200 team invitational with a GC qualifier

4e7e2d8e.jpg

The GC was Amber King of Hen House Cookers

RGC was Los Primos BBQ (Anthony Hernandez and Tim Dickey)

1st place brisket was Los Primos BBQ and it was cooked by me.

Nice contest, well run. LSBS uses IBCA rules for the most part and I must say that I kinda liked it.

Congrats on the calls! Too bad that we didn't hear about this before.

Sorry so slow to post. I was waiting on the pix and just got them today.

Thank you!

This is a fun a cook.. and happens every year in October. I was there just not my day... Congrats to Amber and Los Primos BBQ... Sean Woodson(Woody) told me you boys did pretty good in Vernon this weekend. Good to see you guys down this way more.

I wasn't in Vernon. I wasn't able to make it.

I am not a regular cook with Los Primos. I only went to help my buddy out.

I understand that he did have a pretty good day there though.

I wasn't in Vernon. I wasn't able to make it.

I am not a regular cook with Los Primos. I only went to help my buddy out.

I understand that he did have a pretty good day there though.

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe we will get to meet next time you are with Los Primos.

Congrats to Tim and Anthony on RGC!!!! Awesome!

That was a rough weekend for Me and Amber. We were up with our daughter :sick: all night friday night. Then her ol 223 Stumps caught fire sat. right before chicken turn in. Not to mention all the other things that went wrong. It was all good in the end though!! That was her first Grand!!!

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe we will get to meet next time you are with Los Primos.

That would be most welcome

Congrats to Tim and Anthony on RGC!!!! Awesome!

That was a rough weekend for Me and Amber. We were up with our daughter :sick: all night friday night. Then her ol 223 Stumps caught fire sat. right before chicken turn in. Not to mention all the other things that went wrong. It was all good in the end though!! That was her first Grand!!!

The congrats goes to Amber IMHO. I did my best to congratulate her, but things were kinda going crazy. She seems like a very nice lady and I wish that I had been able to meet the both of you properly. she has much to be proud of, as do you if you are her husband. I hope your daughter is OK.

As to the Stumps, perhaps if she had a Backwoods, it might have not happened, and I just happen to know someone that could arrange that.:icon_blush::roll::becky:

That would be most welcome

The congrats goes to Amber IMHO. I did my best to congratulate her, but things were kinda going crazy. She seems like a very nice lady and I wish that I had been able to meet the both of you properly. she has much to be proud of, as do you if you are her husband. I hope your daughter is OK.

As to the Stumps, perhaps if she had a Backwoods, it might have not happened, and I just happen to know someone that could arrange that.:icon_blush::roll::becky:

You would have a hard time trying to talk her in to that! She has a Baby Stumps and has now informed me the 223 is hers now!!!:crazy:

You would have a hard time trying to talk her in to that! She has a Baby Stumps and has now informed me the 223 is hers now!!!:crazy:

She should paint it hot pink with lime green flames! I was proud for her. That's a nice one for the first GC. Y'all going to the COTY cookoff in Austin?

Larry not sure yet. Is that your next one?

Notice I did not acknowledge the Pink:lalala:

congrats on the finishes.

I would like to hear more about the comp itself..how does one get invited?

Sal

The National Championship Barbecue Cookoff, Inc. is held in Meridian, TX each Oct. The Lone Star BBQ Society is only in charge of the sanctioning. It is the NCBC committees "event".
You qualify for an invitation if you place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in any meat catagorie at any cookoff with at least 10 teams. The event can be a sanctioned or non-sanctioned event.
If you qualify during the year and want an invitation, let them know when and where so it can be verified. That simple.

The weekend of the Jack Daniels, there was another national championship. It was the Lone Star Barbecue Society National Championship. It was a 200 team invitational with a GC qualifier

4e7e2d8e.jpg

The GC was Amber King of Hen House Cookers

RGC was Los Primos BBQ (Anthony Hernandez and Tim Dickey)

1st place brisket was Los Primos BBQ and it was cooked by me.

Nice contest, well run. LSBS uses IBCA rules for the most part and I must say that I kinda liked it.

First of all, CONGRATS! Secondly, I am in the process of updating the Chest to Chest National Brisket Championship qualifiers list and am pleased to inform you that by winning the brisket category at The National Championship Barbecue Cookoff, Los Primos BBQ is qualified to compete during the Kansas Winter Q contest in February 2012. The grand champion Hen House Cookers have also qualified for the Chest to Chest competition. I should have more details in the next few weeks.

First of all, CONGRATS! Secondly, I am in the process of updating the Chest to Chest National Brisket Championship qualifiers list and am pleased to inform you that by winning the brisket category at The National Championship Barbecue Cookoff, Los Primos BBQ is qualified to compete during the Kansas Winter Q contest in February 2012. The grand champion Hen House Cookers have also qualified for the Chest to Chest competition. I should have more details in the next few weeks.
OK, os even though Los Primos won brisket, they don't qualify for the chest to chest contest?

What is the winter Q contest?

I plead ignorance. Please help me out here.

The Chest to Chest is a cookoff for brisket winners of certain pre-selected contest all over the country. I think he is telling you that Meridian was one of those pre-chosen contests and you will qualify for an invite. Only certain pre selected contests are qualifiers.

From his post, it looks like they may be adding GC winners from some pre selected contests as well since he indicates Amber will be getting an invite also.

If it's the same as in the past, it's held at Great Bend, KS, along with a regular kcbs contest. Loads of fun!

Back