Introducing The Most Affordable Gravity Fed Insulated Cabinet Smoker on the Market

If there were any in DFW, maybe they were snapped up by those rare "non-Brethren" people. /dunno

Update from Old Country : GetChaOne.!

This is the list of the Academy stores that will carry the first 30 GF smokers.

#009 UVALDE
#021 HUMBLE
#024 WACO
#031 TOMBALL
#032 WEBSTER
#039 N.W. MILITARY
#062 W. MONROE
#070 ABILENE
#114 KILLEEN
#115 ROSENBERG
#117 SPRINGFIELD
#141 N FT WORTH
#222 DENHAM SPRINGS
#239 CYPRESS

:heh:

N Ft Worth - but I haven’t been up there.

"North Fort Worth"? ok- not knocking FW- it's a fine, fine town... but that might as well have been
Terrell. /shrug

So I’ve been considering a humphreys or a LSG insulated cabinet. How is this different than one of those? How would you rank those in terms of closeness to a stickbutner flavor?

Want stick burner flavor? Buy a stick burner.

Charcoal + wood is ok- but the smoke comes from smoldering wood it's not not bad- but is not clean like a well run stick burner)

Pellet cooker pellets ARE wood but the flavor is "subdued/ mild" compared to a well run stick burner.

propane and electric? forget about it.

So I’ve been considering a humphreys or a LSG insulated cabinet. How is this different than one of those? How would you rank those in terms of closeness to a stickbutner flavor?

Close - I mix chunks in charcoal chute. Using More Wood Chunks you need to cook Hotter - 275* -300*.

275* is The Best BBQ Temp anyways.

Humphreys and LSG will be Nicer Looking - Better Welds, Paint, More Options - Big Casters, Slam Latches etc - for Twice the Price. Won’t cook any Better..........Longterm they May (or may not) Last a little Longer - but Old Country would Last for Years if Cared for - Removing Ash, Keep Smoker out of Weather, not letting it sit unused for extended periods, scruffing with scothbrite and doing paint touch ups/repaints - Reg Ole Flat Black Rustoleum BBQ Paint

I have a stickburner. Not really what I was asking but thank you for the reply

N Ft Worth on Tarrant Parkway -$1299 ( had them scan barcode to Price check)

47f75fa1c385ca3a2b098d4711f41cfb.jpg
1ecb6294577f2d5338fc3f55cd37ad00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's adorable- and I even like the color. (that black is so slimming)

I'm sorely tempted - but just can't do it.

I'm sure it will go to a good home- and sooner rather than later.

thanks for the pictures.

It's adorable- and I even like the color. (that black is so slimming)

I'm sorely tempted - but just can't do it.

I'm sure it will go to a good home- and sooner rather than later.

thanks for the pictures.

I Understand - I Only have One because of a Coupon/Golden Ticket I had...........

Update from Old Country : GetChaOne.!

This is the list of the Academy stores that will carry the first 30 GF smokers.

#009 UVALDE
#021 HUMBLE
#024 WACO
#031 TOMBALL
#032 WEBSTER
#039 N.W. MILITARY
#062 W. MONROE
#070 ABILENE
#114 KILLEEN
#115 ROSENBERG
#117 SPRINGFIELD
#141 N FT WORTH
#222 DENHAM SPRINGS
#239 CYPRESS

:heh:

If you Google " Academy Sporting Goods store XXX" it'll pull up the store info

ex: "Academy Sporting Goods store 039"

Charcoal + wood is ok- but the smoke comes from smoldering wood it's not not bad- but is not clean like a well run stick burner)

I get a chuckle every time I read a statement like this. A well run charcoal and wood chunk smoker will run just as clean as a well run stick burner stick anytime. What I typically see is people running too big of chunks in a charcoal fire and because of of insufficient air for complete combustion of the chunks the chunks will "smolder". The fact is, charcoal is a much more efficient fuel than wood thus requiring less air to maintain temperatures than wood. With less air you need smaller chunks of wood for complete combustion. I'll run my IVC smoker up against any stick burning smoker the trick is just like a stick burner "fire management".

Last edited:
I get a chuckle every time I read a statement like this. A well run charcoal and wood chunk smoker will run just as clean as a well run stick burner stick anytime. What I typically see is people running too big of chunks in a charcoal fire and because of of insufficient air for complete combustion of the chunks the chunks will "smolder". The fact is, charcoal is a much more efficient fuel than wood thus requiring less air to maintain temperatures than wood. With less air you need smaller chunks of wood for complete combustion. I'll run my IVC smoker up against any stick burning smoker the trick is just like a stick burner "fire management".

I think this is true. I alternate between an IVC and a stick burner, depending on how much time I have to babysit the stick burner on the weekend. Don't use chips, they are too small and don't generate enough smoke. I use small sticks about as thick as an index finger— lots of them— and I can't find a difference in the smoke outcome between the two. I have never used a GF, but I bet the results are probably the same.

I'll 3rd this post. In my insulated cabinet I use lots of skinny chunks. Very little airflow and fist size chunks don't mix well for my taste buds.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I use Bigger Chunks and mix in the Chute (alot of chunks) but cook Hotter - 275-300* - usually 300*. Big Fist Sized chunks or Bigger - I put in the ash box........

I would guess it's "ok". No call, no text, no invite- I'll have to take your word for it :grin:

nice plate- good job.

I "have" to eat bbq twice tomorrow at work- 2 different "hey, you want to swing by...?" How could I say no?

Not sure if I will survive or not. Thinking I will just have a light breakfast and risk it :grin:

Back