Exciting New Model(s) from Old Country BBQ Pits

A few Folks have PM’d me — I havn't gotten any Updates but sometime this Summer there will be a cpl exciting new offerings from Old Country, Hopefully Sooner than Later.

Anyone know if these ever went into production?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Glad to hear Old Country is coming out with new stuff.

If they would build an over and under out of a little heavier steel with a little higher cook chamber so there's more head room on the top grate and more room for grilling in the firebox, I'd be one of the first in line to get me one.

For $500, I flat out love this little cooker.

That pretty much describes the Flowmaster but I don't think Old Country makes them anymore.

Just discovered this. I’m considering a new bbq and this looks like a good choice. Are they pretty good with consistent temps? Does the charcoal ever bridge up and allow the temp to drop? Are you comfortable with the idea of putting a brisket on then leaving the house for a few hours?

Just discovered this. I’m considering a new bbq and this looks like a good choice. Are they pretty good with consistent temps? Does the charcoal ever bridge up and allow the temp to drop? Are you comfortable with the idea of putting a brisket on then leaving the house for a few hours?

this was the original that academy didn't pick up........

This thread is the Smaller Unit Academy did pick up :

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277422

No bridging using briquettes, I mix wood chunks in the chute - Holds Steady temps and Pretty Even Top to Bottom - when you first put meat on there will be a bigger difference then temps come back close together as cook goes on. I leave the House and do overnite cooks - I run a Pitmaster IQ120 on it but can do it on ball valve Only.

I just bought on of these from Academy in Keller(North Fort Worth) and love it.
I made a ash tray form 16g metal to catch the ashes, added a smoke stack protector to keep the rain out in case it rains while using, and repainted it semi gloss to match my trailer I put it on.
It hold temp great and no bridging problems so far in 4 cooks with it.

Back