BBQ Brethren "Summer of SPAM" Throwdown!

Do you like SPAM?

• I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!!

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Votes: 58 54.2%
  • As long as it doesn't have very much SPAM in it.

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Lemon Curry?

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, a couple of Spam pieces dropped through. I was using Kingsford Comp charcoal and it was pretty hot. Here is a pic from when the food was first put on the grill. You can see some fire if you look closely.

picture.php

Shrimp and SPAM, yep, you should post this in the "Crazy Chit You Do When You're Lit" thread. I'm sure grilling shrimp and SPAM together qualifies! But it does look fantastic, 'course I'm already drinkin'.
attachment.php

Nice entry Boshizzle. Spamatoullie, you sure you weren't drinkin' too? You used scallops in place of the eggplant? Gore is not gonna be happy about that! But it looks great, I think I would have kept the scallops and taters and tossed the SPAM over the fence, just sayin':becky:
picture.php

Here is my next entry.

I grilled up some Spam marinated in Greek seasonings like Oregano, Rosemary, Garlic, EVOO, and some Cayenne to give it a little kick.

picture.php

Here are the ingredients with the exception of the chili sauce and Sriracha.

picture.php

I made a shaved cucumber tzatziki using Greek yogurt, minced garlic, chopped mint, Lemon juice, and dill.

Then, I made a red chili vinaigrette by making a simple vinaigrette and then adding chili sauce and some Sriracha.

Here is the finished dish. Zesty Greek inspired Spam with Shaved Cucumber Tzatziki Drizzled with Red Chili Vinaigrette.

picture.php

The yogurt cooled the heat of the vinaigrette and the sweet chili sauce along with the Greek seasoning really went well with the Spam.

Thanks for looking.

Very creative and interesting. The presentation and plating is also top notch. Bravo! :clap2:

Yeah, this is really taking things up a notch. I wonder how much longer until someone attempts a SPAM mousse, or maybe even a foam?:shock:

Yeah, this is really taking things up a notch. I wonder how much longer until someone attempts a SPAM mousse, or maybe even a foam?:shock:

Could I use the mousse in my beard?

Okay, in a moment of weakness, I bought another can of SPAM. I was lucky to get it, as some guy dressed like a Dr. Suess character was trying to buy the entire supply of SPAM, ranting about Obama outlawing SPAM, so he had to stock up. After the cops tasered him, I was able to get a can for myself.

I cut the SPAM up tossed it on the grill, grilled it to a nice light brown crust, added some cheddar cheese, let that melt, and took it off the grill.

I took some dinner rolls, and dressed them with a mixture of mayonnaise, ketchup and cayenne pepper, and put the SPAM and cheese on the buns. I topped that with a dill pickle slice.

I present to you, SPAM Sliders.

And, I actually ate them. They were actually good.

CD

Attachments

• SpamOnGrill.jpg
    SpamOnGrill.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 73
  • SpamSlider.jpg
    SpamSlider.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 74
Back