THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm bringing chicken breasts and jalapeno cheese sausage. This pre-bash bash is gonna be something! :thumb:

I took the whole week off. I have time if anyone needs anything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I may PM you later. Got a question in to a Professional chef.

Thinking of making some Chicago Dogs for you guys. Just curious, do you Texas guys have all beef hot dogs in a natural casing down there? Up in Chicago that's what all the hot dog joints sell. But in stores all the sell are the skinless ones for some reason, still good, but not quite the same. RD sells them, but only in a 10lb. case.

Thinking of making some Chicago Dogs for you guys. Just curious, do you Texas guys have all beef hot dogs in a natural casing down there? Up in Chicago that's what all the hot dog joints sell. But in stores all the sell are the skinless ones for some reason, still good, but not quite the same. RD sells them, but only in a 10lb. case.
I think I've seen Nathan's and Boars Head at HEB with natural casings.

I'm coming in Thursday and not leaving until Tuesday. Trying to plan out which places I want to hit. I think it was frognot that said he was going to be there for a while as well.

We tried a new-to-us place a couple of days ago in New Braunfels called Coopers Old Time BBQ. The sausage and jalapeno mac & cheese were terrific. The pecan cobbler was fantastic. My wife had chopped brisket which she likes. I don't think i've seen anything about the place on here, before.

Cooper's was one of the places on my list. Another one down your way on my list is Hays County BBQ in San Marcos.

So I'm trying to plan out my trip down there, looking for some advice from the Brethren. Since this is my first Texas Bash, how long does everyone stick around on Saturday? The Chicago & St. Louis bashes finished up around 4-5pm. Is it about the same for the Texas Bash or does it go longer into the night? Trying to decide if I should stay at a hotel nearby on Saturday night, or head back down to Austin?

Cooper's was one of the places on my list. Another one down your way on my list is Hays County BBQ in San Marcos.

There's a Blacks in New Braunfels, too. Same owners as the famous one in Lockhart... but you may want to hit Lockhart, too, since they have a few places that are worthy

I think I've seen Nathan's and Boars Head at HEB with natural casings.

No natural casings anywhere around me in East Texas. :sad:

Mostly skinless around here.

So I'm trying to plan out my trip down there, looking for some advice from the Brethren. Since this is my first Texas Bash, how long does everyone stick around on Saturday? The Chicago & St. Louis bashes finished up around 4-5pm. Is it about the same for the Texas Bash or does it go longer into the night? Trying to decide if I should stay at a hotel nearby on Saturday night, or head back down to Austin?

Ag76 and I can put you up in our duel queen size beds at the Best Western about 6 miles away. You might want to sleep with Jay though as when I'm dreaming ..... :tsk:

:mod: 17 DAYS till the Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash :mod:
In case you were wondering how many more days till the Bash!!

On a close review of the infamous "Sign Up Sheet", the current report is 43 are planning to have a great time at The 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash.
I have heard though their are some who like to wait till the last few days to sign up.
Please don't wait to Sign Up!!
If you are a maybe, go ahead and sign up in the Maybe section.
We are all starting to work on what and how many we will be cooking/bringing to the Bash.

So if you are coming to the Bash, PLEASE let us know!! :mrgreen:

Back