THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OP is asking about your your grilling : smoking ratio. Nothing about BBQ or it's spelling variations.Cabin fever is setting in early, it's only Jan.:-D

It right here in the op dads

just curious here . Sorry cant post a poll. Of every 10 cooks you do(grilling and bbqing) what percentage of the time are you grilling, and what percentage goes to bbq.

Maybe he edited the tittle :biggrin1:

Im not the only one who doesn't seperate grilling from the bbq umbrella as previously stated APL and meathead concur. Ask bbq author steven raichlan his opinion. These are creditable names.

Stay with me here now but bbq is like hip hop. Hip hop isnt just a music its a lifestyle. Music just falls under that umbrella.

Again just trying to get folks to realize that there are many techniques to create bbq, be it smoking or grilling or one of the many ways people cook with wood throughout the world.

Oh and i wasn't the op that said korean or Chinese bbq isnt real bbq (because bbq is only from america, kn a stick burner, with oak, served on paper, on a sunday......in texas)

I see in your first post you managed to avoid the terms smoking and bbq

Last edited:
It right here in the op dads

Maybe he edited the tittle :biggrin1:

Im not the only one who doesn't seperate grilling from the bbq umbrella as previously stated APL and meathead concur. Ask bbq author steven raichlan his opinion. These are creditable names.

Stay with me here now but bbq is like hip hop. Hip hop isnt just a music its a lifestyle. Music just falls under that umbrella.

Again just trying to get folks to realize that there are many techniques to create bbq, be it smoking or grilling or one of the many ways people cook with wood throughout the world.

Oh and i wasn't the op that said korean or Chinese bbq isnt real bbq (because bbq is only from america, kn a stick burner, with oak, served on paper, on a sunday......in texas)

I see in your first post you managed to avoid the terms smoking and bbq

From the responses it's obvious that most understand that there IS a difference between smoking and grilling and you seem to be the ONLY one belaboring the point that they are the same even though that was not the point of the thread :blah:

I don't know how to answer the question.

Beside the kettle my Santa Maria and wood fire barrel get most of the work and they are stick burners.

How would you guys consider this type of cooking?

I asked this question earlier and nobody had a reply, so I ask again

would you guys consider this grilling or smoking or bbq all I know is it make for great eats

3rCxLSdh.jpg

msiREimh.jpg

UflSclah.jpg

AsXvVu7h.jpg

I asked this question earlier and nobody had a reply, so I ask again

would you guys consider this grilling or smoking or bbq all I know is it make for great eats

I would put this in the roasting category and I would have to agree it makes for some good eating

With a large busy family I probably do 60/40 grilling to smoking. I consider that pretty good for how busy we always seem to be. That’s one huge reason why I love my pellet pooper, as it allows me to keep my smoking percentage close to 50 :)

I would say smoking 60% and grilling 40%. However, just to throw a wrench into the gears, my actual COOKING would be more like 40% oven/crock pot,
40% smoking, and 20% grilling. To me, the flavor of a rump roast or pork loin, with salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder, roasted in the oven at 400 degrees and making gravy with the drippings is hard to beat!

I need a new grill... the guts have disintegrated out of mine, and frankly, I'm tired of replacing them. Used to be probably 60 grilling, 40 smoking... most of my summer cooking is outdoors, the AC sometimes just can't compete with the oven and isn't as efficient as it should be.

If i smoke a cigar (or other plant based substances) while I grill...am I smoking or grilling?

What if I'm smoking a plant based substance AND grilling a plant based substance? :shock:

I'm probably 75/25 grill/smoke.

And that's mainly because we just grill a lot. Several times per week, especially when the weather is favorable.

I would say smoking 60% and grilling 40%. However, just to throw a wrench into the gears, my actual COOKING would be more like 40% oven/crock pot,
40% smoking, and 20% grilling. To me, the flavor of a rump roast or pork loin, with salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder, roasted in the oven at 400 degrees and making gravy with the drippings is hard to beat!

:rockon:

in the summer I do a lot of cooking on a wok with a 200k btu burner. good times.

Back