THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M

markpmc

I did search, but didn't find the answer I'm looking.

I'm going pro in MBN this October. Right now my OK Joe limits me to just the ribs category (10-12 racks per cook). While I'm in no hurry to do a whole hog, I do want to compete in the shoulder category in 2011. So...

What size SW/BW do I need to cook ay least 6 shoulders and 10-12 racks of ribs? Yes I know I can call the manufactures, but I'd prefer to hear from users/customers. Afterall I don't want to buy too small do I ? :tsk:

Thanks,

Mark

I have a Competitor - I don't think I could get 6 full shoulders in it at one time without some creativity - I don't think 2 would fit on a rack but it would be close. Even so, if they would fit, I think they would block a lot of the airflow.

12 racks of ribs would take 4 shelves in a Competitor.

A few guys here have the Piglet model - that might be something that would work for your needs. Plus, it would also fit a whole pig (not at the same time)

Thanks, I did have the piglet down as the most likely BW shoulder cooker.

BWS Piglet would be maxed out with 12 slabs and 6 whole shoulders. It's got the space, but just barely....so start saving for a 2nd smoker :p

Back