WTF is wrong with people???

34in36.jpg

I don't eat out a lot, but stopped at a BK south of Cinci on the way home from Ohio Sunday. I asked the guy what was in the Impossible Burger.

He said, "Nothing".

It was a compliment that I was 600 miles from home, had never met him and he knew there was nothing in the burger for me.

I hate veggies. Can we create the Impossible Veggie. No plant 100% meat based broccoli!?
Then again...it's the taste I don't like so.

(On an unrelated note: It's nice to see you posting again, Jeremy @Marubozo)

If eating vegan is so amazing, why do they spend so much time trying to make it taste like meat?

My feeling is, animals spend their life eating vegetation...it is my responsibility to eat as many animals as possible to protect the vegan food source.

Yep, I don't buy into a lot of that nonsense. If people don't like meat, why are they always striving to get something that looks and tastes like meat yet isn't meat?

What you said there reminds me of one of my favorite Jim Gaffigan jokes! Especially the first 36 seconds of this video. Not sure why it starts 36 seconds in, but you need to rewind it to the beginning to get to the best part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diE...og008a5rSUz0JPzQtsBBsA97JWq7vOM&index=9&t=33s

I wake up every day and swig one tablespoon black cumin seed oil and a 50/50 blend about 8oz of these. If I don’t see another fruit or veggie the rest of the day I’ve done my part. However most of the time I consume quite a bit of dark veggies and dark bitter fruits. DivaQ posted a recipe for smoked cranberry chutney on her IG today. It’ll go great with smoked pork. Sometimes I get the feeling that vegans/vegetarians etc think meat eaters don’t like fruits and vegetables. In my case nothing could be further from the truth.

Last edited:
I wake up every day and swig one tablespoon black cumin seed oil and a 50/50 blend about 8oz of these. If I don’t see another fruit or veggie the rest of the day I’ve done my part. However most of the time I consume quite a bit of dark veggies and dark bitter fruits. DivaQ posted a recipe for smoked cranberry chutney on her IG today. It’ll go great with smoked pork. Sometimes I get the feeling that vegans/vegetarians etc think meat eaters don’t like fruits and vegetables. In my case nothing could be further from the truth.

That SUJA Mighty Dozen is a regular guest in our fridge. Good stuff!

Yep, I don't buy into a lot of that nonsense. If people don't like meat, why are they always striving to get something that looks and tastes like meat yet isn't meat?

Who says they don’t like the taste of meat? I’m guessing that 95+% of vegans/vegetarians are vegans/vegetarians for religious, health, environmental or moral reasons, not because they don’t like the taste of meat.

I’m all for plant-based diets. The more people that choose that lifestyle, the cheaper meat should be when I go to the store.

I guess I have a problem with vegetarians that GO TO a BBQ joint. What were you expecting to be there? There's a reason I don't go to a place called "Just Salads." I'm smart enough to understand what each restaurant is going to serve. If I don't believe they are going to have something I'll eat, I won't go.

The "new" trend of meatless plant based "meat" products is not really that new. TVP or textured vegetable protein has been on the market for decades. I thin what's new is the flavor additives to give that meat flavor and other things done for texture to better simulate meat as opposed to a "soy burger".

If your area market wants veggie based meat, go for it. I'm not a customer of that product though, and really can't see the reason for paying a premium price for a novel revamping of an old concept (TVP). On the other hand I'm constantly amazed by people that will argue for "natural" or "uncured" meat products that contain the disclaimer "other than the nitrates and nitrites naturally found in celery juice" and then rave about products like this. On one hand they are claiming to avoid processed foods to buy a totally unnatural chemical concoction 100% made by science in the veggie burger, etc...

Give me the real meat, but to each his own....

c3cc1a96-38e5-4df3-ae43-8b5bdd878091_1.ed92c5082ce3a94ba27ad6d78ea05503.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess I have a problem with vegetarians that GO TO a BBQ joint. What were you expecting to be there? There's a reason I don't go to a place called "Just Salads." I'm smart enough to understand what each restaurant is going to serve. If I don't believe they are going to have something I'll eat, I won't go.

Because you're going with a larger group of people (say, family) that want to go there?
I can't tell you how many times I've had to go to restaurants that I barely tolerate because the young nieces will only eat chicken fingers, pizza, or mac-n-cheese.
That's why restaurants diversify their menus. In these days of everyone being allergic to something or being on the latest fad diet or something, not everyone in a group can eat the same thing.

On the other hand, imagine you're Jewish and a restaurant chain offered a Kosher food option, only for you to find out it's cooked on the same grill as everything else that isn't Kosher. For many vegetarian/vegan people out there, it's just as strong a belief to them as any religion.

Totally understandable. But then it truly isn't Kosher, is it? I have no idea, but did Burger King claim their Impossible Whopper was vegan or just meatless? Seems like a few questions about how/what it was cooked on (at a historically meat centered business) could avoid all that.

I have friends that have to adhere to gluten free diets. I know when they go to pizza places and they say they have gluten free pizza, they'll ask if it's still prepared on the same surfaces as the regular pizza.

And Rainbows and Unicorns to you, too.
I choose flesh. I don't care if I have cow teeth.
Grrrr,,,, :tongue:

Back