THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

titan7

Knows what a fatty is.
After several years with the Weber’s I had to make a change due a need to be more hands off. Sold my 2 22.5” WSM to a guy who does competition Q. Picked up a Green Mountain Grill, Daniel Boone WiFi on Black Friday sale for $499, about $250 off. Got some lumberjack hickery pellets. Have done ribs twice now and both times have been just like the WSM. I was worried about lack of smoke but starting at 150 degrees for the first hour then going to 275 seemed to work fine. I picked up an amazing tube also, did the first cook with it and the second without. I actually liked it smoke flavor without using the tube. Perhaps that’s because the ribs are a short cook, fo brisket I think it would be good to use it.

Anyhow just wanted to post this mini review, I am very happy with the GMG, much easier for start up, cooking, and clean up.

Yes it does seem to be wonderful, so happy I can get a good smoke profile, was a bit worried about this. Loved the WSM, but we just put in a pool/spa, and paved decking and there was no good spot to start up the WSMs, my problem was as I had to take apart and re-assemble each time I was risking having grease spots falling out of the smokers plus I never had good luck keeping consistent temps. The GMG is sooooo easy, no set up, no monitoring, well I do use the WiFi app, it keeps consistent temps and there is really no clean up, really impressed with this smoker! It does like to eat pellets, almost used a 20lb bag in 8 1/2 hours of cooking, not sure if this is normal consumption, but it worth it.

Yes it does seem to be wonderful, so happy I can get a good smoke profile, was a bit worried about this. Loved the WSM, but we just put in a pool/spa, and paved decking and there was no good spot to start up the WSMs, my problem was as I had to take apart and re-assemble each time I was risking having grease spots falling out of the smokers plus I never had good luck keeping consistent temps. The GMG is sooooo easy, no set up, no monitoring, well I do use the WiFi app, it keeps consistent temps and there is really no clean up, really impressed with this smoker! It does like to eat pellets, almost used a 20lb bag in 8 1/2 hours of cooking, not sure if this is normal consumption, but it worth it.

What brand of pellets are you burning?

I went from a UDS to a Traeger and never looked back , I love cooking on it so much I bought a 2nd one , if you have a cash n carry go get some Bear Mountain pellets , good price and good pellets

Back