THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mrjoe

Knows what a fatty is.
Have a WSM 22.5". Bought Southco latch about a year ago and reinstalled with stock door. About a month ago, was tightening up the nut that secures the handle to the door and it stripped out. Decided to get myself a new southco handle and a CB door. Just trying to tighten it the door, the bolt stripped out, has anyone else had a similar experience with the southco latch stripping. Obviously its a much better latch than the stock wsm, perhaps its my cement hands... :biggrin1:

P.S. Can I get a tool to re-thread the bolt...its like an abnormal industrial type threading... far as I know...

I have the CB door and latch, since I've installed the door I've never had a reason to remove it. I don't use water and always make sure I have enough fuel to get through a cook. The door is a quality piece and have no regrets about the purchase.

Wow. I too replaced my door and latch. I have had no issues with stripping the threads. Actually, mine is a little loose now, but I haven't made the effort to go grab a wrench to re-tighten it. Not loose enough to worry about yet. Soon.

Sorry to hear that.

I have the CB door and latch, since I've installed the door I've never had a reason to remove it. I don't use water and always make sure I have enough fuel to get through a cook. The door is a quality piece and have no regrets about the purchase.

I only removed it periodically. I have obsessive tinkering disorder; probably tightened the nut 1 too many times.

Wow. I too replaced my door and latch. I have had no issues with stripping the threads. Actually, mine is a little loose now, but I haven't made the effort to go grab a wrench to re-tighten it. Not loose enough to worry about yet. Soon.

Sorry to hear that.

I should have just let it be...

Quit tinkering Joe. :mrgreen:

tinkering is my blood... :biggrin1: ..weber support is sending me a new door; previously popped the stock handle from normal wear and tear...ordered a mcmaster carr compression latch for $10...hedging my bets if I manager to strip my new compression latch..will just use the stock door as it was intended...no more tinkering..

Back