THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5jNsSTElPAk[/ame]

You should be able to find his youtube channel through there. He is a brethren. A very well respected one too.

I hope you are just farking with me lol.

Fake bbq? Really? As for them cooking propane a lot of their videos are on kettle grills.

So what if their way of presenting it is odd. It's good bbq in my opinion. It isn't comp bbq but it's good backyard bbq. No different than PitmasterT and his out there videos but yet I doubt you would find many criticizing him. Darn good pitmaster there. Antics for the camera for sure but still good bbq.

Besides even you have to admit the Tenda Rub bbq is the absolute worst bbq ever. Nothing and I mean nothing could be worse.

I find competition BBQ terrible, but then again it's not made for a meal, it's made for a bite.

How did this thread devolve from questioning the use of the top vent to moderate temperatures to making disparaging comments about fellow outdoor cooks?

I see no contradiction is what Harry Soo has said. When he cooks on a normally aspirated WSM, he controls temperatures with the top vent, when cooks on a modified blown WSM, he cooks with the top vents wide open.

Incidentally, each cooker for me,varies. On the kettle, usually top vent wide open, bottom vent nearly shut, occasionally, top vent is lightly closed. On my UDS, top vent is always wide open, bottom vents vary. On a BGE, top vent and top vent will vary depending on the heat I am looking for. I will note, that both myself and the people I most often cook for prefer a mild smoke taste, if any of these setting resulted in old smoke sitting on the meat, I would hear about it.

Back