THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Webers Answer

Dan give Weber customer service a call, it can't hurt.

Hi Here is the reply I got from Weber

Dan,

That could be the issue. You won't be able to efficiently extinguish the fire if air can still get in through those holes. Replacement parts for your smoker are available if needed.

You can order those items by contacting our Customer Service department at 1-800-446-1071 between 7-10 CST, 7 days a week. They will be happy to help you!

Thanks again,

2nd cook

Hi All
Did my 2nd cook on the 22 WSM, temps held good. Used some foil tape that I got at Lowe's to try and close the pin holes on the damper vents.
Still had some minor smoke leaks, where the lid meets the barrel.Used the foil tape around the door no leaks there at all.
Only problem was the WSM would not shut down, at 6 the cook was done, closed ALL the vents 2 hrs later the temps were still reading 190 down from 275.
Does that sound normal?
Chicken and ribs came out on the dry side. Chicken was brined for 24 hrs.
Only smoked the BB's for 4 hrs un foiled. The chicken maybe 2.5-3 hrs..Temps 250-275.
Thanks DanB

22 wsm

Hi All Fired up the 22 WSM once again..Filled the ring with KBB, temps ran at 275 for only 5 hrs, coals look like they are finished. How do you guys get 10-16 hrs on a full ring?
I have lava rocks in the water pan, with water in the pan will I get longer burn times? I would love to do an overnight with WSM.

Thanks Dan

You can use the heat shield on the bottom of the smoker. If you don't use the water bowl just place heat shield where water bowl sits plus you can add alot more charcoal in the charcoal ring it works great

Back