Workhorse 1975 Wagon - Opening Day

SkaterSmoker

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
MJ
What a day yesterday. I received my pit around noon, had it seasoned by 6pm, and spare ribs were done at 10pm. About 10 neighbors stopped by to chat, and the drinks were flowing. My brother crashed on my couch and took today off work today - just like old times.

This pit is a 900lb beast, but that wagon package makes moving and turning it a breeze. Seeing it in person for the first time is hard to describe. The level of detail and craftsmanship is amazing. I easily held any temp I wanted, and the spare ribs were easily the best I've ever smoked. Good times coming ahead!!

Last edited:
When a smoker looks that good, you don't want to hide it in the backyard! She is beautiful and I know you are going to have some great times ahead.

Gotta show off the new toy to the neighbors in the front yard. Then make them wish they were invited with the smell of ribs wafting through the air. I see many cooks in your future, hope you have a bunch of wood! She's a beauty.

Thank you, everyone! I just signed up for my subscription, and can't wait to be active on here.

My campfire and smoking spot in my yard is in the grass, by the trees, away from the house. Something about feet in the grass, and being by the trees is Zen like. Plus, I love the foot traffic that goes by.

I made sure to find out my neighbors favorite bbq items, took notes to remember, and I can't wait to drop some extras off to them. During my 200 day wait for my build, my wife has actually been saving to-go containers for this. I've also already been offered bourbon, scotch, and cigars from a few. There's something about bbq that brings people together.

Very nice! I have the 1975 but without the wagon package. You're going to love it. I thought the welds on mine were the best I've seen but yours may be even better.

Congrats and welcome! I’ve had my 1975 for about 9 months and really like it. So easy to use! Be sure to post up some food pron!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back