THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool Smoke and Bub-Ba-Q are close enough to me that if they show up, I think they have a great shot (RGC and GC at BBQ Cup Respectively). Lotta Bull cooks all over including here and they do consistently well too. More local teams, I'd say Swiggin Pig and The Long Dawgs are the ones to watch when they show up, though there are a lot of other good teams who can win on any day as well. Warren Co. Pork Choppers and Bubba's TN Smokers come to mind. Of course you always have to be on the lookout for Thunderroad Smokehouse (1st place ribs at BBQ cup and lots of Chicken calls), Do-Rag-Q, and Run Won Out (Brisket cooking machine!). In addition to being staunch competition, all of those folks are good people and some of my best friends, so maybe I'm opinionated. :)

dmp

The subject of this thread is to easy. All of these teams are well known and cook many contests. I think a better topic would be who is on the verge of winning, unknown teams etc. The let's say 5 or less contests per year guy. Like swamp pit.

no love, eh? :becky:

BTW, i love swamp pit. they exemplify BBQ community ideals.

they are knocking on the door, that's fo sho!

In the west it has to be SYD and R&Q and add to the list All Sauced UP.

The subject of this thread is to easy. All of these teams are well known and cook many contests. I think a better topic would be who is on the verge of winning, unknown teams etc. The let's say 5 or less contests per year guy. Like swamp pit.
Not unknown and definitely on the verge of winning a GC:
Left Coast Q

Teams that are improving and making a run at the top in our area: Flyboy BBQ (Jack qualifier 2011), GQue (consistent top 10, entering their 3rd year), 2 Lil Macs (Jack qualifier 2010, entering their 3rd year), Swinestone Cowboys (entering a 3rd year of competition), Biggins BBQ (rocked last year), PeacePit BBQ (3rd year of comps, and had a few top 5 finishes), Porky's Revenge (Pitmaster for Franklin's BBQ out of Austin, TX, but competes up here a couple of times a year). Also, one of the newer teams that is really good out here in the Rockies is R&R BBQ out of Utah. I don't see them much on this side of the divide, but they do well in UT, AZ, NM, etc.

Hard to argue with Munchin' Hogs as the best team in the world... they finished 5th or higher in 24 out of 34 contests last year (70.6%)! Unbelievable! That may be the best run I've ever seen.

Tippycanoe is on a run too. I'm anxious to see how Joe does this year. He won the Royal, Sam's, and finished well at the Jack. His last comp he was RGC. He could put on a run similar to Munchin' Hogs if he keeps it up.

I'm totally jonesin' for a comp!!!!!!! :wink:

Teams that are improving and making a run at the top in our area: Flyboy BBQ (Jack qualifier 2011), GQue (consistent top 10, entering their 3rd year), 2 Lil Macs (Jack qualifier 2010, entering their 3rd year), Swinestone Cowboys (entering a 3rd year of competition), Biggins BBQ (rocked last year), PeacePit BBQ (3rd year of comps, and had a few top 5 finishes), Porky's Revenge (Pitmaster for Franklin's BBQ out of Austin, TX, but competes up here a couple of times a year). Also, one of the newer teams that is really good out here in the Rockies is R&R BBQ out of Utah. I don't see them much on this side of the divide, but they do well in UT, AZ, NM, etc.

Hard to argue with Munchin' Hogs as the best team in the world... they finished 5th or higher in 24 out of 34 contests last year (70.6%)! Unbelievable! That may be the best run I've ever seen.

Tippycanoe is on a run too. I'm anxious to see how Joe does this year. He won the Royal, Sam's, and finished well at the Jack. His last comp he was RGC. He could put on a run similar to Munchin' Hogs if he keeps it up.

I'm totally jonesin' for a comp!!!!!!! :wink:
Joe finished rgc on sat and gc on Sunday that weekend, knots berry.two contest weekend. Iti

Since nobody has mentioned IBCA, I will say that there is a guy down here in LA named Shawn Hebert of Big Bear BBQ that just seems to win, and win, and win........

and win!

MBN teams like Bubba Grills, Dixie-Que, Yazoo's Delta Q, Red Hot Smokers, 10 Bones, Boars Night Out and of course Jacks Old South come to mind.

Back