Wind-chill 8°--Lets Hang

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Spares in the drum. Smallish St Louis spares seasoned with Oakridge Dominator. A half chimney of Cowboy briquettes lit with a Tumbleweed and poured into the unlit Cowboy briquettes below with a hickory mini split.. Wind is only supposed to peak at 30mph today. Nice to have calm winds. Hanging system in use.

Last edited:
Nice pics...been a windy but warm February in Indiana...yesterday about 20 mph wind...came in from walking dogs and told the wife that the wind was not too bad today.

Forecasted to be about 50F here Sunday, so I am thawing out a couple of small 3# pork butts to go on the Bronco.

I am still learning on the bronco. A few weeks ago I did salmon, and I think I got some dirty smoke on it, as it coated my mouth and made my tongue a little tingly. I ran it pretty low around 200F on the grate. For these butts I will shoot for 250F and let it run a little before putting the meat on.

What temp at the grate or on the dial are you running your ribs? Do you just toss that split on top of the coals or is it buried? Thanks for any info or tips!

We're hanging too... -24°F (actual) last night. -11°F right now. They just opened the interstate for the brave.

5DXaQOB.jpg

Nice pics...been a windy but warm February in Indiana...yesterday about 20 mph wind...came in from walking dogs and told the wife that the wind was not too bad today.

Forecasted to be about 50F here Sunday, so I am thawing out a couple of small 3# pork butts to go on the Bronco.

I am still learning on the bronco. A few weeks ago I did salmon, and I think I got some dirty smoke on it, as it coated my mouth and made my tongue a little tingly. I ran it pretty low around 200F on the grate. For these butts I will shoot for 250F and let it run a little before putting the meat on.

What temp at the grate or on the dial are you running your ribs? Do you just toss that split on top of the coals or is it buried? Thanks for any info or tips!

For simplicity sake I run exhaust wide open and intake at #2. I don't usually place meat until startup smoke has calmed down. Last thing I do before shutting lid is add wood split or chunk. I don't use external thermometers until late in a cook, if then so not sure exactly what temperatures are running. Oklahoma Joe's thermometer usually says 250+-20° with my set up.

As for salmon, when I cook it for The Bride it's hot and fast, dang near grilled

Looks great, 79 here supposed to cool back down this weekend, not been a bad winter here by no means

Good lookin' ribs, Adams! I like the sound of your ingredients. Pickapeppa is one of my favorites.
Thinking about the weather today...
Six months ago it was 113+ degrees and the livestock were dropping like flies. I'm liking this cool spell. I have to break ice and haul water but I can't complain. :grin:

Butter, honey, Franklin Original, Tapatio and PickaPeppa in the wrap

So 3 hours hung
1 hour wrapped with stuff
45 min unwrapped
Rest 20 minutes on counter wide open

@16Adams - Ribs look great. How was the bite on your ribs? I do 3-2-1 on the pellet grill around 235F-ish on the grate and get near fall-off-the-bone, which the family likes.

Saturday, for myself I tried "weeping ribs" on the bronco - 275F grate temp, 4 hrs 15 min, no wrap, shut vents for 1 hour rest. They were good. Liked the bark, but would like a little more tender. Do you have a favorite no-wrap technique on the bronco. Thanks for all that you share.

20230304_180119.jpg

Back