THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MilitantSquatter

Don't think I've seen this discussed here...Looks like Wicked Good has a new product.. Natural briquets (not the lump) with a corn starch binder only..

http://www.wickedgoodcharcoal.com/briquettes.htm

Introducing ... our "Weekend Warrior Blend" 100% Natural Hardwood Briquettes! They are made from the exact same blend of (5) different hardwoods as in our "Weekend Warrior Blend" Lump Charcoal, using only a corn starch as the binder. You will find that these Briquettes burn hotter and as long, if not longer, than our Lump Charcoal ... read more/pictures

Has anyone tried this and had good experience ? Even burn ? Long burn ? Burn hot etc. ?

Would love to try this in the Spicewine to see how it handles in there as opposed to Kingsford..

PS : Am I correct in that they still are not producing the competition blend lump ?

Last edited:
Not used 'em but would love to try 'em on my hibachi.
ANyone else????

PS : Am I correct in that they still are not producing the competition blend lump ?[/quote]

Only Weekend Warrior is listed on their website. Fireplaces Plus in
Vernon Hills, IL still has the Comp in 11 lb. bags so I'm heading up
there tomorrow.

I emailed their distributor in Minnesota responsible for west of the Mississippi River asking them to please get this in KC. I've been trying for a year to find someone who carries it within 100 miles and nodda.

Back