THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vortex for a WSM 22"

Hi All Would the Vortex work in a WSM 22" for chicken wings? I can lower the grate right over the charcoal ring.
Thanks DanB

....but you can place more wings on the cooking grate with the Vortex as it takes up less footprint than the baskets.

That settles it! That right there is reason enough to get a Vortex! I'll be getting one as soon as I can.

I disappeared for the weekend as I was busy working on restoring my UDS, building a woodshed and assembling patio furniture and find that this has been a very active thread?! That's awesome. Alot of great points here and I truely appreciate every comments left here. Great info. I have decided that I will get one if for no other reason that to just see it for myself. Worst case scenario, I have a second charcoal basket. Can't lose.

Anyway, I may not have one yet, but I did do some chicken using the weber baskets in the center (I have always done them with the baskets on each side) this weekend and I was very pleased with the results.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 66
Back