THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rockyathabaska

Knows what a fatty is.
whole leg on UDS

hey bros,I'm planning to do a whole pork leg[skin on -bone in]for an upcoming event.It will be my first go at anything that big in my smoker.I'll be "lending" my UDS to a neighbour [where I'll do the cook]for a few days to keep the event secret.

I understand that the whole leg will take += 14 hrs to do.
Any suggestions as to cook temps and times what kind of lead times to take out before serving,foiling,resting?Drip pan?Will it pull?

It's a 25 lb roast.it'll need to be thawed.Probably a few days in advance.
How many do you think it will feed?

Am pretty confident I can do this but like to hear from those who've gone before.
Thanks in advance.
:thumb:promise to post pron.

Rockyathabaska
Weber 18”kettle
Weber 22.5”kettle
Performer green
Weber silver B gasser
UDS
A man never tells you anything until you contradict him.
George Bernard Shaw

That would be one big ass shoulder. Am I to assume you have a ham?

Cook it as you normally would...if you get it to the proper temperature, it will pull.

A ham will be more dry and more bland than the shoulder, but it's still pork...it ain't gonna be bad.

I cooked a fresh ham on my BGE a few weeks ago that was about 26 Pounds.
We cooked it as a roast so it was sliced and not pulled. For the most part we followed the directions from "3 Guys from Miami " but instead of cooking at 225 we cooked at 325. The roast was fantastic and I will be doing it again soon.

Check out the attached links it may be helpful or Google 3 Guys from Miami.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102634

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...t=97424&page=2

Good luck.

Back