Which weber to grab off CL?

argh... well the performer was long gone. I'm going to buy the OTS new in box i think for $60 tho... i REALLY want a kettle now. I don't know why really because i LOVE how my bge cooks and how predictable and efficient it is...but whatever.

Haha, I wish I had your problem! There is rarely anything worth having here on craigslist, and even more rare that that there is a decent price for it. I finally scored me an awesome 18" kettle and I love it.

i just bought a performer used and put a new hinged grate on it. used it twice and did not like it. the taste of charcoal made me sick and will stay with my stick burner.
willing to sell it if anybody in my area is interested in it for $50, it's 22.5
just pm me about it
thx ron

I got a 22" OTS off CL for $20.... not buying that new one when a used one will do just fine.

my first cook i plan on doing is the alton brown grillus domesticus chicken...i might even break out the D-SLR for the occasion

I got a performer off of CL Portland yesterday (despite the fact that I had knee surgery that morning) for $125. It was the older model with the SS top. I used it first time tonight, and i love it. I had been using gas forever, but never again (other than the charcoal lighter in the Perf.).
Cold smoked some NY strips for an hour then finished them on the Weber, they were great!:-D

I picked up one of these off Dallas CL yesterday, too... Asking $75, a great deal at $60. Haven't cooked on it yet, but filled the propane bottle tonight and fired up half a chimney, ya know, to "test it out" - looks like a new grate is in order, as this one is pretty rusted on one half and I can't seem to get it off. Other than that, works great - my vote is for the Performer...

i just bought a performer used and put a new hinged grate on it. used it twice and did not like it. the taste of charcoal made me sick and will stay with my stick burner.
willing to sell it if anybody in my area is interested in it for $50, it's 22.5
just pm me about it
thx ron

Could you just burn wood in the kettle? Might takes a bit longer to get down to coals, but seems to me it would work okay...

My vote is for the newer 26"Weber. I just picked mine up yesterday NIB for $140! With a whopping one cook under my belt on it I say it is the best Weber I have ever used.

Back