THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mlhunter

Got Wood.
I have been thinking about buying a drum for so long. I’ve been on the fence do I buy Gateway, Hunsaker, or Cotton Gin? With the Gateaway price increase I feel like I should order one this weekend.

Please help me pick.

I have a PBC, and while I've never owned one, if I was to buy a new drum today it would be a Hunsaker.

Hunsaker
Keep temps at 225 and then open the stack to maintain 300 degrees for my ribs this week..
You want regret getting one..

I had a Hunsaker and loved it. I regret selling it. However, I think all three choices are good. None are a bad option.

Hunsaker or Gateway would be my vote. Both are solid companies. I have three Gateways (for competition), and they can put out some crazy food!

Another vote for Hunsaker - some of the features I like that set them apart for me are the wheel setup for ease of movement, the adjustable rack system, the easily adjustable air intake underneath the charcoal basket which I think compliments the Vortex fire basket, and the floating lid hinge. Plus, Mark is a pretty good guy too :thumb: They're very efficient cookers, the first time I ever fired one up it ran at 325-350* for over 12 hours and still had fuel left.

I've never cooked on a Gateway but lots of people like them too.

Back