THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mph33

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Charlesgriet
Do you inject and apply rub 24-hours before throwing on the smoker or do you do it right before you put it on the smoker? What is some of y'alls techniques when applying rub and injecting brisket?

I rarely inject anything but turkey breast.

I start my chimney - that's about 15 minutes, drop fire in the drum- it takes about an hour to stabilize and the smoke clears up.

While that's going on, I trim and season the brisket.

When the drum is ready, the meat is ready- it's a beautiful thing.

What he said :gossip: I just use salt and pepper unless I am feeling a bit on the wild side and will add some garlic or a touch of Montreal steak seasoning

I try to inject about 12 hours before I put it on. I will usually put a light coat of rub on at that time, and then do the rest of the rub about 30 min prior.

Depending on what your injection is, injection present on the surface of the meat can cause the rub to not adhere to it well. When I do inject a brisket, I do it the evening before I plan to cook it and let it sit in the fridge like that for 12-24 hours. Then I remove the brisket, wipe off the surface, and apply a rub as the smoker is coming up to temp. When the rub has sweated the meat and has a wet sheen I will put the brisket on the cooker.

I saw a Myron video where he discussed this. His idea was rub has salt and if applied the night before it dries the meat out. Season it and let is sit as you light up cooker. 30-45 min should be fine.

Start the smoker, trim brisket, apply rub and put on smoker when temp and smoke looks right.

Have never injected a brisket.

Brisket

Depending on what your injection is, injection present on the surface of the meat can cause the rub to not adhere to it well. When I do inject a brisket, I do it the evening before I plan to cook it and let it sit in the fridge like that for 12-24 hours. Then I remove the brisket, wipe off the surface, and apply a rub as the smoker is coming up to temp. When the rub has sweated the meat and has a wet sheen I will put the brisket on the cooker.

:thumb::thumb:

Back