THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sparky66

Knows what a fatty is.
Brethren,

My buddy and I are going to putz around working in my basement today and I wanted to whip something up on the UDS or one of my other cookers. What should I cook? I know chicken is the first thing that comes to mind but I have already cooked that before with him and wanted to try something else that is going to be somewhere in between chicken and a butt or a brisket.

I have about 4 hours...any suggestions?

Thanks

or RIBS...what was I thinking...could I pump the heat up some and do like an accelerated method of 321 method or something? I've never done the 321 method so would be learning.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-68884.html

I think it's a Regional name
Also a 7 bone see link pasted

What's the difference in the 7 bone and the "regular" chuck cuts?

7 bone chuck is a regular cut of chuck or shoulder.
It's very economical and like all chuck or shoulder it is very flavorful but tough and chewy if not properly cooked.
7 bone chuck differentiates itself by being the the toughest, the chewiest and the cheapest! :-D

It shares that toughness and chewiness with it's close cousin the brisket so it makes a great cut of meat for a long cook on the smoker or grill.

The shoulder is broken up into these major cuts
- 7 bone
- Arm (aka swiss steak)
- blade
- top blade (aka flat iron)
- under blade
- chuck eye (most tender)
- chuck steak
- chuck roast
- crosss rib (aka boston cut or english cut)
- shoulder steak
- shoulder roast
- clod steak

The names vary a bit depending on what area you are in.

Back