THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My "secret" rub is no real secret.....whenever I make my own rub I use KC's Rub out of the Brethren Cookbook (rub recipe #105). The only variation I do is that in place of hickory salt, I use this:

51OSM8HC2L__SL500_AA300_PIbundle-3TopRight00_AA300_SH20_.jpg

It started out as sort of a necessity since I couldn't find hickory salt at any local store. But....this stuff gives such a unique, awesome flavor that I just stuck with it.

Thanks for the tips! Keep 'em coming!

I am really intrigued by powdered beer and powdered honey.

I love orange soda, so I will have to try to make a sauce with that base. Great tip!

My "special secret ingredients" are smoked paprika, Worcestershire powder, and roasted cumin.

I also use ginger, allspice and cinnamon, but I wouldn't call those "secret".

John

Kinda secret since they don't have it at the store anymore: Stubb's Rosemary-Ginger Rub. I used it on some ribs, then glazed at the end with a 1/2 honey 1/2 orange marmalade blend with fresh finely chopped rosemary. They were awesome.

p.s. I have a New Braunfels Bandera of course.

Back