What pellets do you prefer?

I use a lot of CookinPellets because they don’t use 70-80% oak as a base wood and burn cleaner because they don’t use bark. I’ve also used a lot of Lumberjack and still use some because I can pick them up cheap at the local supermarket. I’ve had a couple issues with the amount of ash the LJ 100% Hickory can produce on long cooks, so usually use their OHC.

I settled into these brands before all the special blends became popular, so I was comparing 100% Hickory CookinPellets or LJ to the others that are 20-30% hickory and 70-80% oak or alder. I think most of the brand X special blends use far less or even no oak/alder so they probably produce more flavor than compared to a bag of brand X hickory.

The Tractor Supply Company near me doesn’t have them in stock and charges shipping on top of the price. I picked up a bag of Bear Mountain Bourbon BBQ for $11.99 and a bag of Pit Boss Apple to try and compare.

The Tractor Supply Company near me doesn’t have them in stock and charges shipping on top of the price. I picked up a bag of Bear Mountain Bourbon BBQ for $11.99 and a bag of Pit Boss Apple to try and compare.

They are seasonal at TSC… at least in my neck of the woods.

Back