THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
I did my 1st Hot & Fast Ribs.
3 parts Kosher Salt, 1 part black pepper, 1 part garlic powder, 1 part onion powder, 2 parts paprika and a dash of cayenne pepper.

Pulled the silver skin off of the back. Didn't trim any of the fat off. I dusted the ribs with the rub right before I put them on the smoker, bone side down. The WSM was 250 degrees KB & a chunk of kickory. I put the ribs on and I let it rise up to 300. After 2 hours I wraped them in a double layer of foil. Inside the foil with the ribs meat side down, I had splenda brown sugar, honey, Bandanas rib rub, Tiger sauce and Dr. Pepper soda on the top & bottom of the ribs. Smoker was way over 300 when I put them back on the smoker. I closed the vent some to bring the temp back to the 300 range. After 1 hour, I took them out of the foil and put them back on the smoker for 15 minutes to let the outside firm up a little. No sauce. I did pour the sweet juice from one of the foil wraps over the ribs to let that bake on. Smoker was still 300-310 degrees. Total cook time was 3 hours & 15 minutes.

The ribs were some of the best ribs I have made yet. They didn't need any sauce. They were bite off the bone tender and had a decent smoke ring. There were no complaints.

I also made some Cranky Buzzard, Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce to go with it. I did liked the sauce and would make it again. 1 st. time making it.

IMG_4245.jpg

If you have any more H&F (300 or more) rub recipe please share your recipes.

Back