THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
If you are having friends or family over for a BBQ, what are you go-to foods? Assume they don't have a favorite food and want you to choose.

I like to do St. Louis ribs, chicken (whole or spatchcock), grilled asparagus, Caesar salad, baguettes, and something chocolate for desert.

Would anyone like to share their favorites?

Note: this is not a poll nor has it played one on TV.

Last edited:
Tri Tip. Slow smoked 180F. Pull off at 120 internal. Reverse sear.

Fire roasted red bell peppers, stuffed with mozzarella cheese and fresh basil.

Grilled zucchini salad with a lemon vinaigrette and lots of shredded parmagianna.

Appetizer... Atomic buffalo turds.

California red wine. Sierra Nevada pale ale.

Meat:

ribs, pulled pork, tri-tip, brisket

Some of the following, depending on the choice of meat:

oven roasted potatoes, grilled corn on the cob (sometimes Mexican street style with mayo, cotija and cayenne), texas-style cowboy beans or store bought baked beans, Texas toast or Brioche buns or sliced white bread, black eyed peas, fried okra, cast iron skillet cornbread, Argentina chimichurri for tri-tip, cole slaw

Dessert:

apple pie, lemon icebox pie, pecan pie, vanilla ice cream

Beverages:

sweet iced tea, Shiner bock, Heineken, Corona Extra

(Expensive steaks, wine, asparagus, good bread, fancy salad, flaming dessert, etc. is reserved for groups of four or less, which tends to be a very rare count around here these days!)

Pulled pork sammiches and St Louis ribs. Easy for feeding a crowd. For apps wings, jalapeño poppers and southern fried pickles are a hit as well as either brisket or leftover pulled pork nachos (depends on main event). Sides are usually coleslaw, grilled corn, beans, fries with the occasional greens. Hard to beat lemon bars or red velvet cake for desert after some que!

Tri Tip. Slow smoked 180F. Pull off at 120 internal. Reverse sear.

Fire roasted red bell peppers, stuffed with mozzarella cheese and fresh basil.

Grilled zucchini salad with a lemon vinaigrette and lots of shredded parmagianna.

Appetizer... Atomic buffalo turds.

California red wine. Sierra Nevada pale ale.

mmm...sounds great!

I'm the only one in my family who was bitten by the BBQ bug so pretty much anything I add a little smoke too is a hit. I keep it simple with ribs and chicken but I like to throw in ox tails, leg of lamb, meatloaf, bologna. etc. No complaints, just requests for more.

Beer...:cool:
and then for sides, one or two of these depending on what I pick up while wondering the meat isle, pork ribs, brisket, beef ribs, Tri tip, pulled pork, chicken. jalapeno poppers.

Back