THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stlsportster

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Parental Assigned Label
I almost thought I had one of those scores of legend. Someone selling a Meadow Creek SQ 36 (retail $1500, on sale for $1100 often) for $200, must be gone today moving sale.

Only one pic posted on Facebook, I see the firebox is rusted, but it’s 1/4 inch steel so I figure a good wire brush and some paint and this is a steal.

View attachment 174797

So I ask for more pics, of the grates and inside the smoke chamber, plus the firebox.

First wasn’t too bad. Had only 1 grate but also the optional charcoal pan. So far so good.

View attachment 174798

The second. Heartbreak. Said no thanks. So sad.

View attachment 174799

Last edited:
I’m just not sure those vents will close or if the door will latch. Also it’s supposed to have a slide out fire grate and a removable ash pan. Those look rusted into pieces.

Im betting there’s some welding work to get that operational.

I’m just not sure those vents will close or if the door will latch. Also it’s supposed to have a slide out fire grate and a removable ash pan. Those look rusted into pieces.

Im betting there’s some welding work to get that operational.

I think it would definitely take a little time, tools and metal to get good and functional again. I already have the tools and 1/4” so would be good.

Last edited:
That 36 has a removable grate, it’s some 1” angle and 1/2” round. Probably weld one up in an hour. Those are bulletproof. If it’s not too far away, I’d go kick the tires.

I would say whatever is in the firebox itself is definitely toast, but it might be making the rest of the firebox look worse than it is? The firebox and door looks like surface rust, though its obviously not an insignificant amount. My .02 based on the pics....an in person visit might give better perspective.

Here is a higher res pic of the firebox. Also concerned about the vent on the left. And the ash pan.

jkL9ZGXg.png

I'd take a shot at it- might look like hell now- but it could be fixed. How easily depends on how resourceful you are- and how motivated.

If it showed up in my drive way, I'd not be pissed off.

If you are flush on cookers and don't want a fixer upper, I could see taking a pass.

If the firebox itself can be cleaned and is otherwise intact, perhaps contact MC to see what a new fire grate and/or ash pan would cost.

I almost thought I had one of those scores of legend. Someone selling a Meadow Creek SQ 36 (retail $1500, on sale for $1100 often) for $200, must be gone today moving sale.

Moving sale... Drive by and see if it gets left out with the trash?

I live near Meadow Creek and have some of their equipment. It's well made.

I would not let the pic's scare me off...go check it out. Good luck.

Buy it, contact meadow creek and tell them this is what happened after one day in the rain and if they will replace the firebox. Tell them you don't want to have to start posting the pictures around. Or see if they will just fix it to get some good PR on this site.:bow:

Seriously for that price I would go take a look and see. Looks like the ash pan, maybe the vent to replace, and see how the door will seal. The bottom may be close to rusting out, but clean out the ash and see. Other than that, it looks like some flaking off the sides which is on the top of the ash but does not look major to me for the sides of the firebox.

Back