THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wish we could be competing at Westmont again this year. We had some scheduling conflicts and were unable to, but hopefully will be back next year - may try and stop by this year though. Good luck to everyone. Anyone doing the St. Charles competition in a few weeks?

Ill be at St Charles as well. I know Quau is going to be there as well. Gotta support the local company as best we can.

I know Westmont will be looking for judges for the amateur contest test on Saturday. Its right before the cooks meeting.

They for sure need it. Or they are going to start recruiting. They only had 30+ judges for the amateurs and need 49...

Good luck to everyone competing! This was my first comp 4-5 years ago and I hate to have missed it the past couple of years. Hope the weather cooperates this year :)

Up late preping and getting all my supplies ready. The list of things to put together just keeps getting bigger. Or it's just the first comp of the season nerves!!! Oh well see everyone Friday afternoon...

They for sure need it. Or they are going to start recruiting. They only had 30+ judges for the amateurs and need 49...

I had requested to be a judge for the amateurs but never heard back. I have never been a judge but would like to help and see what I can learn from it too.

Up late last night getting meat prepped. Cooking pulled pork for 160 today and then shipping out tomorrow. We got a hotel room for friday night so we can try and get a decent night of sleep before we get going Saturday. I haven't been this nervous/excited in a long time. Good luck everyone!

I am planning on being on site Saturday afternoon/evening. I'm judging the amateur comp and then will be wandering around after the cooks meeting. I am hoping to roast coffee tomorrow afternoon so if anyone here wants coffee please let me know. I have Mr. Parker and Mr. Johnson on the list already :-D)

Back