THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well I'm still close down here in northern Wyoming....a 4 lane highway for that road...sorta crazy if you ask me but I guess they did get a lot of traffic coming up from missoula...I will get in touch if I am up that way..you do the same if you head down to the Cody area..
Nice! It's Good to see another Montanan around here (even if it was for just a while)

What brought you to the CSKT Res? You'd hardly recognise the place now days... they've completely redone the highway into a 4 lane from polson to ronan.

Drop me a line if you ever get up this way, we'll have some Q waitin'!

thats is some great craftsmanship there, and its really good to see a kid learning a skill that doesnt involve a video screen.:clap2:

i've been thinking about building my own, but if that was my benchmark i am afraid i would end up with a huge case of pit envy.

thanks for the compliment...My boy wants to be a under water welder so I got him learning early.
thats is some great craftsmanship there, and its really good to see a kid learning a skill that doesnt involve a video screen.:clap2:

i've been thinking about building my own, but if that was my benchmark i am afraid i would end up with a huge case of pit envy.

Wow, somehow I missed this thread completely. That's a nice looking smoker, I enjoyed seeing the stages of that build. I'm a welding inspector, and it looks to me like your planning paid off..... building a box is harder than most folks think.
1c947bcf.gif

Good to see more Wyomingites joining the forum. I live in Casper. Are you planning on going to the comps in Laramie or Worland this summer?

I haven't checked the dates but I am pretty sure I will be at the one in Worland...Probably not going to compete but I love going and checking everything out...I went last year and really enjoyed it....and ya this "box" was something else...I will change quit a few things to make it go smoother and produce a better product next time...Horizontals seem to be a lot more simple then these cabinet type smokers...and thanks for the compliments !

We will have to get together if you are headed to Worland for sure.
Wow, somehow I missed this thread completely. That's a nice looking smoker, I enjoyed seeing the stages of that build. I'm a welding inspector, and it looks to me like your planning paid off..... building a box is harder than most folks think.
1c947bcf.gif

Good to see more Wyomingites joining the forum. I live in Casper. Are you planning on going to the comps in Laramie or Worland this summer?

I haven't checked the dates but I am pretty sure I will be at the one in Worland...Probably not going to compete but I love going and checking everything out...I went last year and really enjoyed it....and ya this "box" was something else...I will change quit a few things to make it go smoother and produce a better product next time...Horizontals seem to be a lot more simple then these cabinet type smokers...and thanks for the compliments !

We will have to get together if you are headed to Worland for sure.

I'll be judging at both contests, and might go to Worland a day or so early to visit with a couple of guys I know that are cooking.

Back