**Westernsmokers vertical reverse flow insulated smoker build**

Well I'm still close down here in northern Wyoming....a 4 lane highway for that road...sorta crazy if you ask me but I guess they did get a lot of traffic coming up from missoula...I will get in touch if I am up that way..you do the same if you head down to the Cody area..
Nice! It's Good to see another Montanan around here (even if it was for just a while)

What brought you to the CSKT Res? You'd hardly recognise the place now days... they've completely redone the highway into a 4 lane from polson to ronan.

Drop me a line if you ever get up this way, we'll have some Q waitin'!

thats is some great craftsmanship there, and its really good to see a kid learning a skill that doesnt involve a video screen.:clap2:

i've been thinking about building my own, but if that was my benchmark i am afraid i would end up with a huge case of pit envy.

thanks for the compliment...My boy wants to be a under water welder so I got him learning early.
thats is some great craftsmanship there, and its really good to see a kid learning a skill that doesnt involve a video screen.:clap2:

i've been thinking about building my own, but if that was my benchmark i am afraid i would end up with a huge case of pit envy.

Wow, somehow I missed this thread completely. That's a nice looking smoker, I enjoyed seeing the stages of that build. I'm a welding inspector, and it looks to me like your planning paid off..... building a box is harder than most folks think.
1c947bcf.gif

Good to see more Wyomingites joining the forum. I live in Casper. Are you planning on going to the comps in Laramie or Worland this summer?

I haven't checked the dates but I am pretty sure I will be at the one in Worland...Probably not going to compete but I love going and checking everything out...I went last year and really enjoyed it....and ya this "box" was something else...I will change quit a few things to make it go smoother and produce a better product next time...Horizontals seem to be a lot more simple then these cabinet type smokers...and thanks for the compliments !

We will have to get together if you are headed to Worland for sure.
Wow, somehow I missed this thread completely. That's a nice looking smoker, I enjoyed seeing the stages of that build. I'm a welding inspector, and it looks to me like your planning paid off..... building a box is harder than most folks think.
1c947bcf.gif

Good to see more Wyomingites joining the forum. I live in Casper. Are you planning on going to the comps in Laramie or Worland this summer?

I haven't checked the dates but I am pretty sure I will be at the one in Worland...Probably not going to compete but I love going and checking everything out...I went last year and really enjoyed it....and ya this "box" was something else...I will change quit a few things to make it go smoother and produce a better product next time...Horizontals seem to be a lot more simple then these cabinet type smokers...and thanks for the compliments !

We will have to get together if you are headed to Worland for sure.

I'll be judging at both contests, and might go to Worland a day or so early to visit with a couple of guys I know that are cooking.

Back