Well, that was humbling…

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Robb
Had a houseful of kids/teenagers and several adults over yesterday after church. Was kind of last minute, so a quick burger bar it was. Ended up buying a couple of bags of 1/4lb frozen patties from Aldi’s. Figured it’s mostly teens so who cares… lol. I must admit, these patties were really good! I have made custom ground patties many times, as well as bought excellent Prime ground beef mixes. Highly marbled ground chuck is another common form of ground beef at our house.

I got more compliments from these darn Aldi’s patties than any others I think I have ever grilled up. Maybe the # of teens skewed the results as they haven’t developed a real taste for quality beef yet [emoji2371]

What’s up with that?!?!

9385a910f68be52a73ff71317b59661e.jpg

67fc7c8e1bca1ae7894a9f7b75b4a99b.jpg

Probably haven't developed the taste yet and what they're used to Robb. That's like people not liking my ribs which were dang good but didn't fall off the but and didn't have the oven made tatse.:-D

You’re problem with the ribs is you need to boil first. C’mon man, you’ve been at this long enough. [emoji14]

I've bought some meat from Aldi recently and have been very pleased with almost all of it. Rather surprising as I never would have thought to buy meat there. To me Aldi has always been that really cheap place mom would go to stock up on pantry staples.

Try the lamb from there.

We did some appetizers at a BBQ event and pancakes were part of this appetizer. So we cooked up some boxed pancakes from Aldi on the Blackstone. We had a lady rave and rave about the pancakes. She goes, "How do you makes these?" I told her that they were boxed pancakes from Aldi. You should have seen her face. She was disgusted. It made my day. Absolutely hilarious. Some people just can't fathom off brand labels.

We did some appetizers at a BBQ event and pancakes were part of this appetizer. So we cooked up some boxed pancakes from Aldi on the Blackstone. We had a lady rave and rave about the pancakes. She goes, "How do you makes these?" I told her that they were boxed pancakes from Aldi. You should have seen her face. She was disgusted. It made my day. Absolutely hilarious. Some people just can't fathom off brand labels.

Bwahahaha!!!!! Although a smart business man would’ve bagged the pancake mix in little “boutiquey” bags, quadrupled the price and sold it as grandmas secret family pancake mix [emoji2371]

There is nothing wrong with meat from Aldi. I buy their Ribs often, cooking two slabs of full Spareribs next Sunday, that I bought over the weekend. Price was $2.29/lb., about $1.50/lb. cheaper than I had seen them anywhere else. You won't find Packer Briskets, huge roasts, etc. but, if what they have fits your needs, don't worry about the quality.

There is nothing wrong with meat from Aldi. I buy their Ribs often, cooking two slabs of full Spareribs next Sunday, that I bought over the weekend. Price was $2.29/lb., about $1.50/lb. cheaper than I had seen them anywhere else. You won't find Packer Briskets, huge roasts, etc. but, if what they have fits your needs, don't worry about the quality.

Agree! Coming from the West Coast, Aldi’s is new to us. It is quickly becoming one of our favorite local grocery stores.

Last edited:
It's the first stop in all my meal planning. The downside is they don't have everything. Other stores can beat their meat prices on sales, but rarely on a daily basis. I just know that people keep paying me for food, that I buy at ALDI.

I've also found their beef to have significantly more flavor than one of the local grocery chains. We've tried chuck roasts and steaks and ground beef and each time-we prefer ALDI.

Had a houseful of kids/teenagers and several adults over yesterday after church. Was kind of last minute, so a quick burger bar it was. Ended up buying a couple of bags of 1/4lb frozen patties from Aldi’s. Figured it’s mostly teens so who cares… lol. I must admit, these patties were really good! I have made custom ground patties many times, as well as bought excellent Prime ground beef mixes. Highly marbled ground chuck is another common form of ground beef at our house.

I got more compliments from these darn Aldi’s patties than any others I think I have ever grilled up. Maybe the # of teens skewed the results as they haven’t developed a real taste for quality beef yet [emoji2371]

What’s up with that?!?!

You were just in the right place at the right time. It happens from time to time, and when it does.... I just roll with it. I've had it happen at a high school varsity football parents feed, which was also burgers, and at a rancher's wife's 50th birthday where we cooked ribs.

Probably haven't developed the taste yet and what they're used to Robb. That's like people not liking my ribs which were dang good but didn't fall off the but and didn't have the oven made tatse.:-D

Is there a bigger insult?

Maybe they ate them with their eyes first, because those look pretty fantastic!

Those burgers look awesome!

I personally think Aldi's is pretty darn good. I am always surprised at things they have. I think they are a pretty solid company. They are Germany based I think (in the US, headquarters are close to Chicago), and are focused on organic and sustainability. I have noticed some high-quality mom&pop brands in different areas (particularly cheese), and their produce is usually top notch. The bad part about them is that they don't have everything all the time.

To me, Aldi is kind of like Whole Foods with Walmart pricing.

They treat their employees well as far as I can tell. We know a young lady that just graduated from college and took a district manager job with Aldi. Great pay, benefits, and a company car that is an Audi A-5.

Back