THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pahutchens

is one Smokin' Farker
I was really in a Reuben mood and thought I would throw a store bought corned beef on the UDS today along with the other meats.
After looking at the pastrami instructions decided I wasn't properly prepared.
I didn't have time to pre-soak the meat to leach out the extra salt.
I trust my brethren so the corned beef is now soaking for a smoke later this week.
I'm guessing my usual boiling of a corned beef gets most of that salt out in that cooking method.:confused:

The ribs are chugging along nicely working a 2-2-1, my last 3-2-1 were overcooked.
Also double smoking a Ham for ham salad and a soup bone

I'd rinse it real good & soak it for an hour. Pat it dry & give it a nice crushed pepper & crushed coriander coating & throw it on until it hits 160F. Foil it & let it sit for an hour & then slice it or in the fridge it goes. Just do it!!! Cheers!!!

Oh ya, double smoked ham is to die for!

Yes, the boiling and the potatoes pulls a lot of the salt out. I now soak my corned beef even if I am going to boil it, as the lower salt profile soaking gives is preferable to me. My mom used to double boil the meat, once alone and once with the vegetables.

I don't foil at all, and can get em done in 4 hours or less @ 275.

The key for me is don't peak, don't spritz, don't mop, listen to 'em weep, and pull 'em off when weeping starts to subside. No sauce required.

Back